Chapter 9- What Are You Doing?

Throughout the following week, Peter and I were around each other a lot more, and he often showed me how his suit worked, although that was in very poor taste.

I now knew how his comms were hooked up, and knew how to disable different people.

I just had to actually do it.

Pulling on my black creeper outfit, I glanced at myself in the mirror.

The serum had some effects that weren't completely expected, such as removing any scars on my body due to the quick healing.

All of me was now a clean slate.

Grabbing the USB that held the new coding, I pulled on my black mask, crawling out the window.

Instead of my boots, I had on a pair of toe shoes, being able to creep along the edges easier in them.

Peter often left his window open, so I slipped in unnoticed.

He had been leaving his suit in his backpack lately, so I quickly found it, pulling it out, and inserting my USB into it.

The suit let out a jolt, before calming down again.

I glanced over at Peter, who was fast asleep on the top bunk of his bed.

I could hear his heartbeat, and knew that he was actually asleep, not just pretending.

For what he had told me about his Spider senses, they didn't work as well as they should.

Or perhaps they just hadn't been developed properly.

With the right training, Spider-Man could be a very formidable weapon, and could be one of the best Avengers.

And yet, he is still a kid, one who doesn't quite know how to do that yet.

One who doesn't know how horrible the world can be yet.

He was so pure, so innocent and kind, so much different from anyone else I had ever met.

How would he react if he knew all of the things I had done?

He would be horrified.

Looking away, I pulled the USB back out, sneaking back out the window.

The sun had started to rise for the early morning, and I crawled back into my room, pulling off the creeper outfit, and into my simple leotard, before crawling back through.

Going up to the roof, I started to dance, going through different routines.

The sun was beautiful, the colours like nothing I had ever studied.

Continuing my dance in the unique lighting, I only paused when I noticed that there was someone else on the roof, and stopped, turning towards them.

It had been a couple hours since I had started, so it was an acceptable hour to be awake.

Peter was sitting on the edge, quiet as he watched me.

"I didn't know that you danced," he said, standing up to come over to me.

"I do not tell very many people," I replied, and he gave me a smile.

"I get it. You dance beautifully though," he said, now standing right in front of me.

Today was our last day together, before I would trick him into calling the Black Widow, and then I would leave with her.

"Thank you," I said, and he glanced down at my bare arms and legs.

"You must be cold," he told me, and pulled off his sweatshirt, handing it to me.

Pulling it on, I fought to not take a big smell of it, of him.