Chapter 14-What If I Never Change?

Stepping into the closet, I looked around at all of the clothes.

There were so many options, so many different fabrics and styles.

"Annika?" I heard, and turned to see Natalia.

"Yes miss?" I asked, turning towards her.

Peter and Tony had left me alone, and she was leaning on the door frame of the closet.

"Too many options hey?" She asked, giving me a smile.

Nodding, I noticed a black leather jacket, and reached out, feeling the well made material. 

"If you grab that, I can help you put together an outfit," she said, keeping the gentle smile on her face.

I softly returned it, grabbing the jacket.

She grabbed a few other things, before starting to back off.

"I'm going to leave you be. You can have some time to look around, and if you need anything, just ask FRIDAY." She said, again giving me a smile before leaving.

I heard her close the bedroom door behind her, and started to get changed.

The outfit was very unique, much different from anything else I had ever worn

Stepping out of the closet, I walked over to the large window, looking down at the city.

There were so many people, all milling about.

My feet were bare, feeling the soft texture of the wooden flooring.

I stepped over to the bed, running my hand over the soft duvet.

Sitting down, it almost shocked me how plush the mattress was.

Everything about this room was for comfort, something foreign to me.

A knock came at the door, and I took a breath before responding.

"Come in," I said, and James came in, giving me a soft smile.

"Bed is pretty comfy hey?" He asked, coming and sitting with me.

I nodded, and he chuckled.

"When I first got out, I slept on a cot. Even that was too comfortable for a while," he said, unconsciously rubbing his metal hand.

"I don't remember you," he said softly, looking up at me.

"But I remember how bad it was in there. The fact that you managed to survive at all is a miracle." He added, and I glanced away, looking out the window.

"I was very eager to please," I replied, my voice very quiet.

"I don't know much what to tell you. To be honest I'm still working through guilt of my own. But Steve has been helping a lot, and so has Nat. Just, realize that we are here to help you. Not be against you." He said, before gently patting my back awkwardly.