Chapter 15- Training

Waking up, I glanced around, realizing that I had fallen asleep on the floor in front of the window.

Sitting up, I looked around, glancing out the window at the rising sun.

It was early March, and I could feel the chill through the giant window.

"Good morning miss. Would you like me to wake up Mr Stark?" FRIDAY called out to me, and I jumped a little.

"No," I replied, not sure how loud I had to be to get her to understand me.

"Mr. Parker is awake and walking to your room. In the future would you like to keep your consciousness a secret?" She asked, and I paused, almost surprised.

"Not with Peter," I replied, and she did not speak again.

There was a knock at the door, and I responded.

"Come in Peter," I said, and he poked his head in, soon spotting me at the far end of the room.

"How did you know it was me?" He asked, walking over to me.

"FRIDAY. She alerted me of your questioning," I replied, and he sat down, still in his flannel pajama pants and t-shirt.

"Of course she did," he said, a slight flush on his cheeks.

Pulling my knees up to my chest, I glanced at Peter, who gave me a smile.

"How did you get over here so fast? I asked FRIDAY to alert me when you woke up, and not very long later I was in here," he asked, and I switched my gaze out the window.

"I slept here. The bed was too abnormal," I replied, and I could see his expression out of the corner of my eye.

"It's hard to believe that anyone would treat people like that," he said, and I chuckled softly.

"What's funny?" Peter asked, and I met his gaze.

"You said the answer yourself. We weren't people. We were weapons. If a weapon doesn't work properly, and you can not fix it, you get rid of it." I explained, and his expression dropped, extreme pity in his eyes.

"Anna, I mean Annika, is there anything I can do to help?" Peter asked, and I felt the confusion take over.

Why would he try so hard to help me?

"I don't need help," I replied, and he smiled.

"No you don't. You are incredibly strong, and I don't mean in the physical sense." He said, before there was another knock at the door.

"Come in," I called out, and James came in, leaving the door open as he walked over to us.

"We are all training in about ten minutes if you would like to join. How is that shoulder doing?" He asked, and I pulled the short sleeve of my shirt up, showing the stitches.

The skin was starting to heal already, much of the wound closed.

"Almost healed already. That serum is working really well," James said, giving me a soft smile.

"You know where the training room is hey Peter?" He asked, and Peter nodded.

"Okay, I will see you both there soon," he finished, walking back out of the room.

"Alrighty we should get dressed. What do you usually train in?" Peter asked, getting up.

Following his lead, we started to walk to my closet.

"The plain cotton t-shirt and shorts," I replied, and we stepped in.

He went over to a drawer, opening it up.