Chapter 10- Finding Them

Peter's POV:

I woke up in a hospital, my head pounding and body sore.

Opening my eyes, I looked around, and noticed that Mr Stark was sitting in a chair beside me.

"Hey kid," he said softly, and I sat up, grimacing slightly.

"What happened?" I asked, sitting back against a pillow.

"You got attacked, and Natasha is missing. We don't know much more than that," he replied, and I shook my head, remembering.

"It was Anna," I replied, and he looked confused.

"That was that girl you were telling me about? The Russian one?" He asked, and I nodded.

"I don't know who she really is. She set the whole thing up, I don't know why, but she took Natasha onto the plane with her, as well as the villain who attacked me. She said her name wasn't Anna. She, she used me for Natasha, and she easily overpowered her." I said softly, feeling pained that she would do that.

"You said she was Russian?" He said quickly, and I nodded, looking up as I fought tears.

"Yeah. She is Russian, and she can dance, and can fight like Natasha, but better than her," I replied, and Mr Stark sighed.

"Kid, I have to tell you something about Nat," he said sadly, and proceeded to tell me about The Red Room, and how Miss Romanoff was trained.

And how he suspected Anna was the same.

"Ever since she left, they have wanted her back. I, and SHIELD, all thought that they had stopped. But they must have just moved facilities. Kid, I know you cared about her. And I know that you feel betrayed, but that is how she was raised. She doesn't know anything else. The fact that she didn't kill you shows that maybe she did care about you." He said, and something triggered a memory.

Her whispering that she was sorry in my ear as I passed out.

"She said she was sorry," I whispered, and he gently put a hand on my arm.

"We are going to look for them both. If she attacks, we will take her out. If she doesn't, we will try to take her alive." Mr Stark said, and I nodded.

"Can I help?" I asked, and he laughed.

"You can help by staying out of the way. You have already caused yourself enough damage," he said, but I shook my head.

"I want to help. This is all my fault, and now Miss Romanoff is gone, and I really just want to help." I replied, trying to stand up.

"Peter please, just sit. You are injured. You broke a couple ribs a while ago that you decided to not tell anyone about. How about I let you know if anything changes, and when you are a little bit healthier, I will show you the tech we are using to find them." He told me, seeming almost a little worried.

I could feel the exhaustion hitting me again, and yawned, nodding.

"That sounds good," I replied, lying back down to go back to sleep.

***

It had been a week since Anna and Miss Romanoff had disappeared, and there was no sign of them.

They had cameras running all over Russia, but there was nothing to be found of either of them.

I had been staying at Stark tower with everyone else, helping to work out certain things, although I think Mr Stark just wanted to keep a better eye on me.