one

Being the new student is never easy, but your first day after transferring to Inarizaki High was pretty uneventful until the end of your last period class. Overall, the subjects seemed easy enough, the teachers mostly relaxed and friendly; you had already made a few acquaintances with your classmates and had somehow managed to remember their names. You had even made your first friend, a girl named Hana who had showed you around school.

You weren't afraid of starting a new school, but you had been a little nervous to transfer partway through the year. Students were already preparing for exams and being given homework, and now wasn't a convenient time to switch schools completely, especially because now you had to establish your position in the social heirachy at the same time as maintaning your grades.

Hana had promised to help you get to know everyone you needed to know, and stay away from everyone you didn't. You got the feeling she was helping you out of curiosity rather than pity or sympathy, which suited you just fine. You liked to think you came across as interesting, and you enjoyed answering the small questions Hana asked you about your past.

The day went by pretty quickly, with all periods being the same - "everyone, I'd like to introduce a new student to our class" - and you found yourself exhausted by the end of it.

Luckily for you, your final class was science, which was by far your favourite subject. It all seemed to make perfect sense to you, and when you understood the content, science was interesting and fun. After introducing yourself in the same three sentences you had been saying in every class that day, you sat yourself at an empty desk on the far right of the classroom and tried to pick up on what kind of things you would be studying.

Key word: tried.

Two boys at the desks directly behind you were snickering and whispering to each other, their conversation loud enough that it was hard to ignore it.

When your level of frustration finally peaked, you whirled your head around to meet their eyes. The boys continued to play around, not noticing your stares. You took in their appearance as you tried to find the words to address them.

One was a boy with straight grey-silver hair, dyed, with a black undercut (this seemed to be his natural hair colour). The other had scruffy black hair that stuck up at the back of his head and slanted yellow eyes that made him look intimidating. Despite his somewhat frightening appearance, you were too annoyed to feel afraid. Finally you settled for a simple yet assertive way to get what you wanted.

"Shut up."

Two words, yet they silenced the whole class, not just the two you were hoping to silence.After moments of quiet, hushed whispers from every direction filled the class, surrounding you from all sides. Girls muttered behind cupped hands as their eyes never moved from you.

Had you done something wrong? You didn't care. Those boys were annoying you, and you did what you had to do.

Trying to remain unbothered by your classmates' stares, you turned to face the front of the class, waiting for the teacher to pick up where he left off.

"Everyone, direct your attention back to me," the teacher scratched the back of his head awkwardly, again giving you the impression that you had done something unusual or unthinkable.

The whispers died down, and since Hana wasn't in your science class, you had no idea what you had done until the next morning.

"So let me get this straight - you actually said that?"

Nishiyama Hana, your only friend since starting at Inarizaki High, stared at you in shock as you nodded. 

You watched in confusion as your friend slapped her palm to her forehead in frustration. It had been an odd, you thought, walking through the hallways this morning while everyone had stared at you, but you had decided to brush it aside and ignore the looks you were getting.

With Hana, though, it was hard to ignore the obvious; you had clearly done something wrong.

"What did I do?" you asked the girl sitting opposite you.

Hana had short black hair that was cut and shaped so that it was slightly ragged and longer at the back. Her hair was highlighted blonde, and the edges of her eyes were lined with eyeliner, making them seem bigger and more upturned than they actually were. Hana was good at makeup and always achieved her desired look - she had told you that she aimed for an intimidating look so that everyone would leave her alone, and for that you respected her.

"You were an idiot, that's what," she replied in an exasperated tone of voice. "You don't know who that was, do you?"

You rolled your eyes at her stupid question. "I've been here, like, a week. Of course I don't know who he is. He was so anno-"

"That was fucking SUNA RINTAROU!" Hana exclaimed loudly, your hushed conversation growing in volume. A few heads turned in your direction in the hallway at her words.

"Okay, and what about it?" you replied nonchalantly. 

Hana made a face at you and lowered her voice. "He's bad news. Hot, but bad."

"He's not hot!" 

You remembered the boy you told to shut up in science yesterday and shook your head at Hana. "You'll find anyone hot. He's the kind of guy to moan at the back of class and think it's top tier humour."

Suddenly Hana's eyes widened. Confused, you wondered what it was you had said that was so shocking. You had simply made a joke-

"You sure make a lot of assumptions for someone who's seen me once," a voice from behind you mused. You turned around so fast you nearly lost your balance and fell.

Suna Rintarou, the boy you had just insulted and had humiliated yesterday stood with his arms crossed across his chest, staring down at you with a glare that could kill.

a/n++

this do be the first chapter of a new suna fic hehe ;) since yall seem to LOVE "toxic suna", "stoner suna" and u think that its hot, imma give the crowd what it wants in this fic!! and ofc theres gonna be angst, smut and some fluff too :))

qotd: whats ur fav haikyuu ship?? mine is iwaoi, its CANON. hbu?