two

The first thing you saw was his icy glare, his narrowed yellow eyes shooting daggers at you.

You got the impression that Hana was scared of him for some reason, but you nevertheless did not feel afraid of him. Yes, maybe his appearance was intimidating as he towered over you, but at the end of the day, what could he do? He was the same age as you and was restricted by the law as you were. Plus, there was an unspoken rule in this society that men can hit men, but not women.

Your eyes travelled over the outline of his figure. You noticed the same scruffy black hair, neat at the front but messy at the back. Your gaze swept over his defined features; cheekbones defined, jawline sharp, nose bridge high... 

His school shirt was undone, with only a light shirt covering his torso. You could see his collarbones jutting out from his skin, and he smirked as he noticed you taking in his build. He was lean but not without muscle, and his hands rested in his pockets, his posture that of a relaxed and arrogant man.

Your eyes gradually moved back up to his face, where you noticed his ear piercings - two cartilage piercings on his left ear, and a lobe piercing on his right. 

"Like what you see?"

You raised your eyebrows, not giving him the response he wanted. As he spoke you could see the glimmer of a gold tongue piercing at the center front of his tongue, something you found secretly attractive.

Suna Rintarou chuckled as you held eye contact with him, challenging him. "You're not afraid of me?"

"What's there to be afraid of?"

Despite his calm and collected appearance, you knew Suna would be annoyed by this. Boys like Suna got satisfaction and confidence from knowing they're feared; they seem to think that fear and respect are the same thing. You had easily found one of Suna's weak spots and struck it.

"Tch."

You turned away from the boy, a final blow to his ego, and linked arms with Hana, leading her away from the lockers to go to class. She didn't hesitate to walk beside you; she wanted to get away as fast as possible.

In English, Hana spoke up.

"I don't know why you're not scared of him. Most of us are terrified."

You made a face. "Why?"

Hana smiled at you. "Well, we've been at Inarizaki longer than you have. We're scared of them because we've seen what he's capable of. Him and Osamu Miya."

"That's the other guy I snapped at yesterday, right?" you asked.

Hana nodded. "Him and Suna are the rebels of the school, I guess. They never pay attention in class, but they still manage to pass. They smoke behind school at lunchtimes and they drink every weekend, hooking up with girls left and right... And they tend to be violent, from what I've seen."

That got your attention. "Violent?"

She shrugged. "They've gotten into plenty of fights."

"Oh..." 

"Yeah, he's beaten up lots of guys. Don't know about girls. I think he's just a womanizer or something, really flirtatious..."

You thought over her words, zoning out in the middle of class. Your mind flicked back to the confrontation at the locker; thinking back, while you and Suna were talking, the hallway had grown quite hushed. You had gained a reputation overnight, and that encounter at the lockers had not helped.

"But do you think he's hot?" 

Hana's words snapped you back into reality. You blinked, staring at her.