five

"What do you mean, Tokyo's all fighting?" you asked in shock, staring at the three boys in front of you. "You were all fine when I left. In fact, you and Nekoma were close to alliance. What changed?!"

Bokuto looked away, Akaashi staring into space thoughtfully. Konoha answered your question.

"There was a... dispute. The dispute started as a private affair between Fukurodani and Nekoma, actually, and it was barely a dispute until a student at another academy found out and posted about it on social media. Even high schools outside of our region are involved at this point, for some reason..." Konoha's voice trailed off.

You processed this information, digesting your old friend's words. There had always been rivalries between high schools in Tokyo, and you had often been a part of the action - usually behind the scenes, but you could throw a few punches too - so you were no stranger to the scene, but news that things had worsened since your departure was still startling.

"What was the dispute about?"

Konoha glanced at Bokuto, who avoided your eyes.

"I think Bokuto-san should answer that," Akaashi muttered, slightly coldly.

Bokuto winced slightly. "Well... You see, I may have started something with Kuroo as a joke and he kind of took offense..."

You glared at him. "Bokuto, you idiot."

"Hey, I'm sorry, alright?" Bokuto held up his hands in surrender. "I know what my mistake was, and I've learnt from it. Now I just want to clear up this mess."

You rubbed your chin absentmindedly, humming to yourself as you thought. You had always been better with words than your fists or cars, meaning you were one of the girls in Fukurodani who negotiated with Tokyo high schools when problems like this arose. There was a team of you, Akaashi included, who would hold meetings annually with all the high schools and make sure everything was peaceful in the region. This had worked for the most part, and you were good at what you did; you were fearless, unafraid to stand up for your school, and Akaashi was quick-thinking and intelligent. You and Akaashi together made a great team - he would help you calm down when you got hot headed and would calmly think of a way to sort the situations out, while you were the voice of Fukurodani, an excellent public speaker and incredibly brave.

You were well-respected in the Tokyo region for this reason.

To hear that Tokyo had descended into chaos over just one dispute both dismayed and amused you; you were disappointed that - and it sounds arrogant, but it's true - that nobody was good enough to keep the peace while you were gone, and amused because of the speed at which Tokyo had been ruined by one slight altercation.

"And you called me here for what exactly?" you finally asked, looking to Konoha and Akaashi for answers, as Bokuto had retreated into a shameful silence.

Akaashi met your eyes, his gaze burning into yours. "Obviously to ask you for help, Y/n. You're one of the few students who has the respect of all the meeting members and can fix this mess Bokuto-san has caused."

You had to admit, it was extremely pleasing to hear those words.

"Well, I guess I can try, though I can't make any promises," you shrugged, pushing your chair away from the table and standing up. "Bokuto, I'll sleep here tonight, if that's fine. I'll stay for a couple of days. If you'll excuse me, I need to make some calls..."

Dreading what your parents would say, you made your way up the stairs of Bokuto's house, the familiar structure making you nostalgic of the times you spent with your friends in this house. You remember sneaking out of this house past midnight to hang out with the Bokuto, Akaashi and Konoha in an abandoned parking lot, or wherever took your fancy. You remember patching Bokuto up in his bedroom as he winced because the saline solution stung his cuts. You remember kissing Akaashi-

Brushing the memories of your past life aside, you settled yourself in what used to be Bokuto's older sister's room. Pulling out your phone from your pocket, you quickly dialled your mother's number, sighing when it went straight to voicemail.

She must be asleep already, then. I'll call her in the morning.

You texted Kiku and Hana, letting them know you'll be absent for a couple of days, and quickly switched tabs to avoid the flood of incoming texts from your friends. They would no doubt be curious as to why a studious girl like you would be skipping school, but you didn't have the energy to explain the whole situation that moment.

Besides, they'd never understand how you'd lived back here in Tokyo.

The last person you texted was your father, who was probably out drinking or already passed out from the alcohol. You felt that you had to let at least one adult know immediately, so that none of them would panic and call the police.

After switching off your phone completely to save power, you got ready to sleep by washing your face - borrowing Bokuto's face wash - and cleaning your teeth with a spare toothbrush you found in the cabinet. You'd buy a temporary one tomorrow.

Getting comfortable in Bokuto's sister's bed wasn't easy; the mattress was lumpy and had lots of dips in it, making it difficult for your body to lie still on it. You were still grateful - at least you were warm and safe.

Flicking the light switch off, you lay in the darkened room, thoughts of your past life in Tokyo whirling around in your head, until sleep pulled you out of consciousness. 

"Y/n, it's time to wake up. We have a meeting in a few hours."

Akaashi's gentle voice woke you. The alarm clock on the bedside table read 09:58am. The meeting was scheduled to be over lunch at a nearby, well-known restaurant - that way, most of the fighting could be avoided or at least controlled. 

The schools that were attending included Fukurodani (represented by you and Akaashi), Nohebi (represented by Daishou), Itachiyama (represented by Sakusa and Komori), Nekoma (represented by Kuroo and Kenma), and it was rumoured that a few schools were planning on crashing the meeting.

There were always rumours like this whenever there was an inter-high school meeting but most of the time it didn't turn out to be true, which is why you doubted the rumours this time.

After eating breakfast - French toast, Konoha's specialty - you readied yourself for the meeting, borrowing the only suit in Bokuto's mother's closet. It fit you perfectly, hugging your figure, the suit jacket making you look effortlessly smart.

"You ready to go?" Akaashi stood in the doorway, swinging his car keys on one finger. 

Part of you was still attracted to him, after all this time.

You nodded your head, pulling on your coat one more time to boost your confidence. 

"Then let's get going, Y/n."

a/n++

hmmm your backstory is interesting, especially the akaashi part... i mean, whats the deal with that?? ;)) is it too much, guys? is the backstory a bit much? i haven't done a y/n backstory before, i really wanted to make y/n a bad bitch this time tho so thats why theres this elaborate backstory lol

qotd: do you watch sub or dub? i'm studying japanese so i use sub to improve my vocabulary. the saiki dub is elite tho. hbu?