fourteen

You woke up in an empty bed, bedsheets tangled around you. After a quick shower, you changed into a comfortable but stylish outfit, something you could fight in. You strapped the halter with the pistol onto your waist, hiding it with an unzipped hoodie, and for extra measure, you shoved a sheathed dagger into your boot.

Just in case.

At 10, Suna knocked on your door, waiting for your permission before opening it. He wore a loose white T-shirt, so thin that you could see his tattoos through it, and some pants that would be easy to move in. Suna was clearly thinking about what might come out of this meeting - a fight.

Ten minutes later, you were in Suna's car, driving to the meeting place. You were anxious about seeing Akaashi and Fukurodani as a whole after betraying them the day before a crucial meeting, but seeing Akaashi again especially scared you. You knew that Suna's presence would keep him from hurting you - not that he would anyway - but you didn't know what seeing him again would do to you. You two had so much unfinished business, and so many words remained unspoken between you.

Suna seemed to sense your anxiety as he moved his hand from the gearstick to your thigh, his thumb moving back and forward in a calming way. A few minutes later, you pulled up to the meeting place's parking lot and got out of the car, striding into the building with fake confidence.

It was an office building with an oval table, chairs all around it. Representatives from multiple Tokyo schools already sat, and the air was thick with tension. You felt relieved as you saw that Fukurodani had yet to arrive, and you took a seat with Suna at one end of the table, Suna insisting that you sat at the head where nobody but him would sit beside you.

You rolled your eyes at his ways but obliged, making yourself comfortable when Fukurodani walked in.

Akaashi's eyes bore into you as he slowly sat at the other end of the table, directly opposite you. Bokuto took a seat beside him, his gaze flicking between you two. 

Oh, God. You thought. Akaashi looks pissed.

"Just as we thought, your old friends are not too happy with your last-minute betrayal, Princess," Suna mutters, his tone half-taunting. 

You eyed him. "They don't scare me."

Suna smirked. "Atta girl."

Akaashi cleared his throat and stood up. "Since everyone who wants to show up is here, shall we begin?"

A moment after he said that, the door slammed open. Miya Osamu stormed into the room, heading right for you, a look of absolute rage on his face. He grabbed you by the neckline of your shirt and hauls you out of your seat, slammed you against the wall and held you there. You fought your instincts as he growled in your face, "You're dead, Y/n."

Seconds later his hand releases your throat. You cough slightly and your hands trace the marks on your throat as you watch Suna drag Osamu outside. You couldn't see his face.

Akaashi goes back to his seat, eyeing you with what looked like... worry?

"Anyway... This meeting is an attempt to stop the fighting in Tokyo, and so-"

"Akaashi," a representative you didn't recognize spoke up. "How exactly do you expect us to resolve this fighting when Inarizaki shows up, for no apparent reason, and fights with themselves in the middle of the meeting room? I mean, isn't that a bit odd?"

You take your seat at your chair calmly, ignoring the absence of Suna on your left side. "Miya Atsumu does not represent us anymore, and clearly, his brother isn't taking that well." You eyed Atsumu, who sat, fuming, in a chair across from you. "However, what happened just now does not represent Inarizaki and it certainly does not represent Inarizaki's position in this conversation. We do not intend to bring the fighting to Tokyo - we intend to help Tokyo resolve it."

Satisfied, the representative sat back in his chair.

"As I was saying, I would like to go over..." As the meeting progressed, you spoke up a few times, mainly to assist the resolution of a disagreement, whether it was over territories or personal grudges, and as time went on you became more and more uncomfortably aware of Suna's absence. You wondered what he was doing, being away from the meeting for so long. You ignored it and continued, speaking up when you were needed - mainly to resolve issues between two parties, whether it was over territories or personal grudges.

By the end of the meeting, Suna was still missing, and as each high school filed out of the room, you remained, waiting for him to return.

When he didn't come back, you sighed, stood, and walked to the door. A hand on your arm stopped you just as you were going to leave, and you spun to meet Atsumu's gaze.

"Y/n, can we talk?"

A range of conflicting emotions was visible on Atsumu's face. Anger, sadness... The whole lot. You turned to face him.

"I'm not sure what you want to talk about."

"Don't lie. We both know there's a lot we've left unsaid."

You chewed the inside of your lip. "I have nothing to say to you."

Atsumu's eyes flashed with hurt and rage.

"Don't do this to me, Y/n. Don't take my role and honour away from me and then pretend there's nothing to say."

You rolled your eyes at him. "Get over it."

"Get over it?! You have stolen everything because Suna is enthralled by you - God knows why - and you tell me to get over it?!" 

Atsumu was itching for a fight, and you would not give it to him.

You pushed him away.

"No, Atsumu. It's time we get past this."

You went for the door again, reaching for the handle, but he grabbed your wrist and spun you around again, gripping your arm so tightly you couldn't yank it out of his hand. He grabbed your other hand and raised both your arms above your head, pinning you against the door.

"Do you realise how badly you've hurt me, Y/n? You just appear out of nowhere as a transfer student who doesn't know her place, get with Suna, abuse your power, take my position, and yet everyone still seems to adore you!" His face contorted with rage as he took his free hand and slapped you across the face. 

"I don't know if you fucked your way to the top or if everyone else is just stupid, but you should not have this much power!" His voice was full of venom as he hit you once, twice, three times, his teeth gritted. 

"Fuck that!" He yells in your face. You squirmed to try and break free, but his grip was too strong. You could feel your face was scratched and bruised from his hits and your jaw wasn't quite right. As you kept struggling, he kicked you in the stomach.

You doubled over and he let your wrists go. You fell to the ground, your shoulder hitting it hard, and he kicked you, twice. You curled up to protect your stomach but he kept kicking you, your arms, your legs, everywhere his foot could reach. He was unleashing all of his pent-up anger onto you, all of his pain, and in that moment, you were powerless. You were just a body.

When he paused to catch his breath, you took the opportunity. You didn't want to kill him, but you wanted to stop him, so you pulled your knife out of your boot, unsheathing it. He didn't see it coming when you pushed the knife into his thigh, temporarily paralysing him with pain, and you used the moment to escape, leaving the knife buried in his leg but taking everything else with you. One of Atsumu's cronies glanced at you as you left, panic crossing his face, and burst into the room to help his friend as you rushed past Suna's car, flagged down a taxi, and told him to drive straight to your house - as far away from Atsumu and all that had happened as possible.

a/n++

damn. told ya it was a big day. 

qotd: IF I STARTED TO STREAM ON TWITCH WOULD YALL WATCH IT? what would you want me to play/do?? this is like my only online platform and apparently i should use it if i want to get viewers on twitch lmao it's just a thought in my mind at the moment