six

Akaashi pulled over on a side street near the restaurant the meeting was organized to be at. You opened your car door, swinging your feet onto the curb. Akaashi locked the car and led you to the entrance of the restaurant, where the pair of you entered, nicely dressed as if you were there for a normal work meeting for a 9 to 5 job.

The boy who accompanied you pulled out a chair for you at a table designed to sit ten people. You were, naturally, the first to arrive; it would be rude if the group who had caused the conflict were late to the meeting that would resolve it.

A waiter adressed them, a notebook in hand. "Can I get you two anything?" she asked politely, slightly bowed in respect.

"Just water and menus, please," Akaashi replied politely, his tone of voice revealing that he was slightly nervous for the meeting.

As the waiter left to bring waters to your table, the bell on the door of the restaurant chimed with a new arrival. You were both facing the door, so you saw him as soon as he entered: Daishou of Nohebi, unaccompanied as usual, dressed in a suit and polished shoes. He noticed you two immediately and came to take a seat across from you at the table, nodding at you in acknowledgement.

The next pair to arrive were Sakusa Kiyoomi and his partner in the meetings, Komori, representing Itachiyama. Sakusa's curly black hair was parted at the side as usual, a face mask resting loosely on his chin; Komori looked the same as the last time you'd seen him. The boys were dressed neatly in simple suits, Komori's coloured yellow and Sakusa's coloured yellow. The black-haired boy loosened his tie with one hand as he settled himself into a chair beside Daishou, murmuring a greeting as he made himself comfortable, confidence radiating off him.

The last pair to arrive were that of Nekoma, a tall boy with scruffy black hair accompanied by a shorter boy with oddly coloured, just-above-shoulder-length hair. Kuroo Tetsuro was the leader of Nekoma's organization and often did all the talking, but his shorter friend, Kenma Kozume, was the brains. They worked similarly to how you and Akaashi worked, except both you and Akaashi were involved in the debates.

"Glad you could all make it," Akaashi said formally, as soon as everyone had arrived. "Let's keep this short and simple to clear things up as quickly as possible, shall we?"

The group nodded its' agreement, everyone picking up their menus to order so as not to look suspicious. Noticing this, a waiter was sent over to your table, and you all placed your orders, with you just ordering a simple bowl of ramen.

You had just opened your mouth to talk about the agenda of the meeting when the door of the restaurant opened violently, making everyone in the restaurant jump.

Your initial reaction to what you were seeing was shock; you hadn't expected another school to attend the meeting, even if it was to crash it. Quickly, your feeling of shock transformed into unease as your eyes met the eyes of Shinsuke Kita, a third year at Inarizaki High, the very school you were now attending.

"You weren't thinking of starting with out, were you?"

Kita pulled out a chair from another table and swung it over to your table, not bothering to take the obviously empty seats that were already situated around the table. A dramatic entrance was clearly Kita's thing.

Following Kita, two other representatives of Inarizaki pulled up chairs. You were horrified as your eyes swept over them, realizing you recognized both of Kita's sidekicks.

"Kita Shinsuke," the grey-haired boy held out his hand to each person at the table, each of them taking it and shaking it reluctantly. "And these two are Atsumu and Osamu Miya, the best there is at their respective trades. Now, shall we get started?"

Kita intimidated you slightly, but that was probably just from the shock of the meeting being crashed. Somehow, the Inarizaki representatives had found out exactly where and when this meeting was and had crashed it perfectly. It did amaze you, however, how easily Kita made himself at home in the meeting. While everyone else was feeling uneasy about their presence, Kita and the Miya twins were perfectly comfortable meeting everyone's eyes.

You cleared your throat, knowing you had to sieze control of the meeting now if you ever wanted to.

"Right, the agenda," you began, making sure your voice didn't shake.

"Can we just get straight to the point?" Atsumu Miya interrupted you immediately, his whining voice pissing you off.

You cocked your head, meeting his eyes dangerously. He shrugged, beaten but uncaring, and leaned back in his chair.

"We'll talk about the issue, hear everyone's perspectives, resolve the conflict and agree to end the fighting between high schools. We'll also come up with a way to ensure this doesn't happen again. Everyone happy?"

"No," Kuroo replied coldly, moving forward to lean his arms on the table.

"What are you unhappy about, Kuroo?" Akaashi questioned softly.

"I'm unhappy that Bokuto sent his two little servants to talk his way out of apologizing and setting things right. He disrespected us and looks like he doesn't want to take responsibility for his words." The boy beside him sighed and pulled out his phone, flipping it onto its side to obviously play a video game.

What a mood, you thought, finding yourself tired of this meeting already.

"I can see how you feel, Kuroo, but that's really not the case. You know how Bokuto is with words," Akaashi replied, trying to ease the mood with some humour at Bokuto's expense. It worked, a few of the boys letting out a chuckle. Kuroo's expression eased, and you felt it was safe to continue.

"Okay, then. So, from what I've been told in the one day I've been back in Tokyo, Bokuto made a joke at Nekoma's expense, embarassing them at a high school function, and your boys didn't take it so well. Kuroo?"

Kuroo shrugged. "Don't blame them. It was a dick move."

You nodded receptively. "Daishou?"

"We only joined the fighting because we felt it was impossible to stay out, which is entirely Nekoma and Fukurodani's fault," Nohebi's representative, Daishou, stated.

"We accept full responsibility," you replied. "Sakusa?"

The curly-haired boy fiddled with the strap of his mask. "We take Fukurodani's side on this, Kuroo. It was a joke, not cause for fighting all across Tokyo."

Before Kuroo could retort at this provocative statement, you cut in.

"Now that everyone's revealed their official position-"

"Everyone?"

This time it was Osamu who spoke, chuckling. "It's like we're not even here."

You could see Akaashi getting visibly anxious in your peripheral vision.

"We want to state OUR opinion."

a/n++

the plot is thickening? kind of? i wrote this while i was exhausted so don't flame me please

qotd: what's a zodiac sign that you HATE. for any reason. for me, it's cancer men. i fucking hate them with all of my heart like i've never met a cancer man that i actually like. hbu?