twelve

2-C is empty.

You hug Suna's bomber jacket closer to your bare torso as the night air makes you shiver. The sky is darkening as you stare out the window, absent-mindedly stroking the marks left on the supple skin of your neck.

It takes all of your energy to bring yourself out of your thoughts and you pull your school skirt up your legs, doing it up at the waist. The rest of your clothes you throw into your bag.

You're too tired to walk home, so you catch the bus from the stop near school and ride a 15 minute route to your house. You arrive home at half past 6 and immediately flop down onto your bed, not bothering to eat.

It's not that the sex wasn't good - it certainly was. Suna was clearly experienced in pleasuring women and he satisfied your cravings perfectly. You two were compatible in both personalities and bodies. That kind of compatibility was rare for you and you had only met two men you were this compatible with.

The problem was that you still hadn't forgotten the nights with the only other boy who made you feel the way Suna did.

The way Suna touched you, it reminded you of him; the words Suna whispered in your ear, you'd heard them before.

You were confused about your feelings - you knew you were never getting back with your first love, but you still had a bond that you didn't know you could let go of.

You adored Suna, liked him, but...

Just as you were thinking this, your phone buzzed with a phone call. You hesitated before pulling your phone out from your pocket and checking who was calling.

"Shit," you cursed under your breath. "Speak of the devil..."

You pressed the green button and raised the speaker to your ear. "Akaashi?"

Your ex's voice sounded on the other end of the line. "Just updating you, Y/n," he said nonchalantly. "Tokyo's still a mess. I think we need another meeting. Today another fight broke out, this time at Itachiyama. Can you talk to the Miyas and see if they can negotiate for Inarizaki?"

You bit your lip, guilty.

"Akaashi. I'm sorry about the late notice, but I'm..." you hesitated.

You could practically hear his brow furrow. "What is it?"

"I'm not negotiating for Fukurodani anymore."

"What do you mean?!"

He sounded angry, hurt even, that you were switching teams.

"Rinta- Suna, I mean. He asked me to negotiate for Inarizaki."

Silence crackled through the call. Finally, Akaashi spoke.

"I'm in your area. Send your address. Talk to me face to face."

Before you could answer back, Akaashi had hung up the call. An expression of shock and frustration crossed your face as you reluctantly typed your address into a text to Akaashi.

In ten minutes, Akaashi was at your door. You opened it to invite him in, but he didn't need an invitation at all. He stormed into your apartment like he owned it, glaring at you.

"Y/n, you can't switch up on me last minute," he fumed. "Not over a phone call. I'd already fucking scheduled the meeting for two days time-"

"Then that's your fault, 'Kaashi!" You snapped. "You didn't ask me if I was free then, you didn't ever ask if I wanted to continue negotiating for a team I wasn't even ON-"

"You're our fucking family!" Akaashi shouted. "Bokuto loves you like a sister, Konoha too- God, I still love you, after all that happened-"

You rolled your eyes, cutting him off. "Oh, get over it. We're nothing more than business partners, Keiji, don't get it twisted."

Akaashi spun away from you, punching the wall angrily. "Fuck!" He cursed.

He took a minute to calm down, then spoke in an icy tone. "So all those months... They're just nothing to you now?"

You raised your chin, looked him in his eyes, and lied.

"Yeah."

The next day you avoided talking to Kiku and Hana about the previous afternoon. Your mind was full of the argument with Akaashi, the way he had stormed out of the house after getting so fired up about you.

You wish you were still on good terms, but your confusion about your emotions had influenced you to push him away, which you now regretted.

Still, you couldn't pull out of the meeting that you hoped would sort out the situation in Tokyo. You dialed Suna's number and patiently waited for him to pick up.

"Princess, what a pleasant surprise," you could hear Suna's smirk through the line.

"There's a meeting tomorrow in Tokyo."

"I know. You're going for Fukurodani?"

You chuckled softly. "Never said that."

Suna paused. "Tell me you didn't switch teams the day before a big meeting-"

"I did," you confirmed.

He burst out laughing through the phone, and you smiled at the sound.

"Wow, Y/n. You're quite something."

"So. Are you my ride or not? You know tradition."

It was a long-standing tradition for the head of the high school organization to accompany their main negotiator to a meeting. As head of Inarizaki's organization, it was practically Suna's sworn duty to accompany, as you had just been appointed, unofficially, as Inarizaki's primary negotiator.

"Of course, Princess. Atsumu's gonna be pissed, though," he added as you heard him light a cigarette.

Atsumu, you assumed, was Inarizaki's primary negotiator for the past year until you transferred into this school. You understood that he would be mad, after being replaced by a female transfer student from an opposing student, but you spared him no sympathy.

"Have you told him already?"

"Nah, I'll call him soon. He'll be coming with us to the meeting, as secondary negotiator, but still, he lost his position..."

Suna didn't need to explain it to you. You could imagine how it would feel.

"Whatever. He can resign if he doesn't wanna be below a woman," you replied nonchalantly, ready to hang up.

"Who wouldn't want to be under a woman like yourself?" Suna flirted, and you could almost see him winking at you.

"Mmm," you agreed, playing along.

Suna sighed on the other end of the line. "I feel bad for him, to be honest. Don't you?"

You let the question hang in the air as you picked at your nail polish. Finally, you answered:

"Rintarou, I couldn't give a fuck if I tried."

a/n++

im kinda falling in love with y/n rn... what a bad bitch. #girlpower af.

qotd: PLEASE LORD COMMENT FANFIC REQUESTS. i genuinely cannot think of anything. please include: the character that you want the fic to be about, the type of fic (fluff, angst, smutty?), the style (first person y/n, second person y/n, third person y/n, character x oc?), and any other details :D PLEASE DO IT !!! SAVE ME FROM WRITING BLOCK