sixteen

"I'll kill him."

Suna's face contorted with fury as his eyes ran over your bruises and cuts once again, taking in the damage Miya Atsumu caused you. His hands hesitated before tracing the cut on your thigh, his fingers gentle, his touch causing your skin to prickle with sensation. You took hold of his hands, holding his fingers in yours, and with your other hand, you brought his eyes to yours by lifting his chin.

"You'll do no such thing," you said forcefully, showing in your expression that you were serious. "He's not worth it."

Suna's face twisted with confliction. His hands left your body and moved to your face, his thumb stroking your cheek for a moment while he held your gaze. But his brow furrowed as you watched anger take over his expression again, and he pulled away from you, moving to storm out of the bathroom. You ran after him, grabbing hold of his wrist.

"Please, Suna, stay with me. Don't go after him. Please," you begged, but in vain; Suna took his wrist out of your grip, left the bathroom, slamming the door behind you, and left you alone.

Fixing your clothes so that nothing of Atsumu's doing could be seen, you went to class, and after school was over, went with Kiku and Hana to a café to destress. You had been neglecting your friendship with them after all that had happened with Suna and the state Tokyo was in, and you missed their company more than you had realized when you were caught up in the fighting.

"So, where have you been?!" Kiku cried as you took your seats at your table, looking through the menu for what you would order.

"Yeah, Y/n, you have to tell us everything. I'm sure there's a lot to tell," Hana seconded, grinning at you with a somewhat bittersweet expression on her face. You could tell that your two friends were a little sad at being left out of the loop, and you instantly regretted not hanging out with them sooner.

Still, even now, it was difficult to keep yourself in the present moment. You couldn't help but worry about Suna - where was he now? What irrational steps was he taking to hurt Atsumu for what he had done to you? Was he okay?

You shook yourself out of your thoughts and pulled yourself back to Kiku and Hana's questions. "Right, yeah. Lots have happened. But before I tell you, I want to say two things."

Kiku leaned forward and Hana eyed you with interest as you paused.

"Um... Well, firstly, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for not being there for you guys and telling you everything. I was really busy, I guess, and I completely... neglected you guys. I'm sorry."

Hana and Kiku glanced at each other with some surprise in their eyes, but after a moment, they both turned to smile at you.

"It's okay, Y/n. We forgive you. Just don't ever leave us out of this stuff again," Hana warned with a chuckle.

You let out a breath you didn't realise you were holding. You felt grateful to your friends for their easy-going nature and forgiveness for what had obviously been painful for them. "Thanks, you guys. I promise I'll tell you everything from this moment on."

"Yeah, yeah," Kiku laughed, waving her hand. "Now can you tell us what's happened?"

You chuckled. "Patience, Kiku. I'm getting to it. The second thing is that you have to swear on your life that you won't tell anyone this stuff, okay? Don't go posting it on social media or telling people at school. It's not necessarily secret, but it's not stuff that should get out, y'know? Especially the stuff between me and Suna."

Another look between your two friends was exchanged, one of surprise - they weren't expecting confidentiality to be necessary for a simple catch-up between friends. However, they looked happy about it. Confidentiality almost always meant something juicy had happened, and they shifted their posture to one of extreme interest, and happily obliged to swear not to tell anyone.

Satisfied, you began to explain everything that had happened over the past weeks. You started with explaining the situation in Tokyo, which was the most complicated part of the story, and also the most essential part. It was the groundwork, the foundation, of everything that had happened between you and Suna, and everything that had happened with Akaashi. It was crucial that your friends understood what was happening, why it was happening, and your own involvement in it, so that if you were absent in the future - which was highly likely, considering the unresolved nature of the situation in Tokyo - they would understand where you were and what you were doing.

Once the situation was explained and understood, you moved onto what was once a romantic relationship between you and Akaashi, and told them all that had occurred between you two since you had moved out of Tokyo and began attending Inarizaki. You told them of his visit to your house, and your staying at his house, and the phone calls.

And then, you finally moved on to the subject they most wanted to know about - Suna.

"YOU FUCKED HIM?!" Kiku exclaimed loudly, much to your embarrassment, as everyone in the café glanced in your direction.

"Yes, Kiku, I fucked him. Just once, mind you."

Kiku and Hana covered their mouths and stared at each other for a good three minutes, trying to talk but too shocked to. Finally, Hana recovered the ability to speak.

"Uh... When was this, exactly?"

You made a face. "Remember when I said I couldn't walk home with you guys because I was meeting someone after school?"

"NO WAY." Hana covered her mouth and giggled somewhat nervously. "And the person you met was Suna?"

Kiku gasped. "YOU HAD SEX AT SCHOOL? WITH SUNA RINTAROU?"

"Kiku, for goodness' sake, lower your voice!" You snapped good-humouredly, as more looks came in your direction. "Yes. School uniform and everything. Abandoned classroom. On a desk."

"On a desk?!" Hana dissolved into laughter. "With Suna Rintarou."

After a few minutes of straight laughter as you realized the humour of the situation, Kiku spoke up.

"Well, Y/n?"

"Well what?" You replied, confused.

She leaned in conspiratorially. "Was he good?!" She whispered, winking.

You rolled your eyes, blushing slightly. The question made you remember that afternoon in the classroom, and it made you flustered. "Yes, he really was."

"I knew it," Hana exclaimed, nudging Kiku, and the two of them dissolved into giggles once again.

You started laughing with them when you felt a buzz from your jacket pocket and took out your phone. You didn't recognize the number that was calling you, but you picked up anyway, putting the phone to your ear. "Hello?"

"Is this Y/n L/n?" An unknown voice questioned on the other side of the line.

"Yes," you replied nervously, "who's asking?"

The person on the other side of the line coughed uncomfortably. "This is Hyogo General Hospital. We're calling because-"

In panic, you took the phone away from your ear, eyes wide. Turning to your friends, you told them, "I'm sorry, guys. I just got a call. I have to go. I'll call you guys-"

"Aw, Y/n, stay! We haven't even ordered anything yet!"

You shook your head, fear eating you up inside. "I'm really sorry, Kiku, Hana, but it's really important. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. I really have to go-"

And with that, you hurriedly swung your back over your shoulder and ran out of the café, putting the phone to your ear once again.

"I'm sorry about that," you said, "I'll be there as soon as I can."

And with that, you hung up, called a taxi, and told the driver to race to the hospital as fast as he could.

a/n++

oooo guyssss what are your predictions? is it gonna be suna at the hospital, or atsumu, or akaashi, or some rando that y/n doesn't even know? what's going on?? :P i WONDERRRR

qotd: give me a song rec pls! i like all kinds of songs. i'll listen to it and reply with a rate out of 10 if you like. :)