three

The attention you were getting, both online and in real life, took a while to die down, but it was a slight relief when it did. Although a lot of people knew of you, not many people took the time to get to know you at all. All they knew about you was your reputation and the story of you taking on Suna, which got blown out of proportion as it travelled by word of mouth around the school.

However, your encounters with Suna were extremely limited due to the fact that he wasn't at school for the rest of the week. Rumor had it that he'd gotten into trouble with the police or the school or both, and he'd been suspended. 

Those were just rumors, though.

The date on your phone read 'Friday, March 11th'. It was approaching the end of the day, and you had already left school, heading to the park with Hana and another friend you made, Kiku. You sat on the swings and watched the sun set, painting the sky a beautiful orange and pink mixture. The air was still warm.

"What's your follower count now, Y/n?" Kiku asked, pulling out three cans of Coca Cola from her backpack. 

You took the red can gratefully. It was still chilled, cold in your hands. 

You cracked open the top and took a swig, letting the cold liquid sting your throat as you swallowed.

"Last I checked, it was around 3,000," you answered her question, wiping your mouth with the back of your hand. You winced, the Coke still stinging your tongue slightly.

"You still getting comments?" Hana asked, opening her can.

You shrugged. "A few. My fifteen minutes of fame is coming to an end."

Your friends chuckled as you settled into a comfortable silence, the only sounds being the creaking of the swings and the fizzing of the Coke. 

Hana inhaled suddenly, causing you to turn your attention from the darkening sky to your friend. The girl who normally looked calm and collected now looked afraid and flustered. You turned to look at what she was staring at and Kiku did the same, all three of you staring at the four figures approaching the park.

"We should get outta here," Kiku mumbled, hastily standing up from the swing and grabbing her backpack. Your friends glanced at you to check if you were following, and when they saw you weren't, they flashed confused looks at you.

"Come on, Y/n!" Hana grabbed your elbow and pulled you up from the swing, but you shook her grip off. 

Chuckling amusedly at their fearful state, you told them, "you're really gonna show them how afraid you are of them?"

Before Hana and Kiku could run off, a familiar voice cut through your conversation.

"Oi! Ladies, why don't you spend some time with us?"

Hitoshi Ginjima, a second year thug known to be one of Suna's sidekicks, calls to the three of you. Your friends quiver with anger and fear but you turn around and hold up both of your middle fingers, sending a strong message to the four of them.

You recognize most of them - Suna Rintarou, of course, plus Osamu Miya and Ginjima. However, the fourth one is a boy you've never seen before. You notice that he's around 6'3", easily the tallest of the four, and has black hair and a menacing face. He looks older than the other three, somehow.

The boys laugh as you flip them off, your anger amusing to them.

"Idiots," you mutter under your breath, picking up your bag. 

"Come on, Y/n. At least you should join us, seeing as you're so close with Suna," Ginjima called again, winking at you as you made eye contact. You glanced over your shoulder at your friends, who made faces at you that read 'don't do it. It's not a fight worth winning'. 

Laughing to yourself as you took the first step away from Hana and Kiku, you watched their expressions go from concern to shock. Still chuckling, you turned towards the boys and headed in their direction, a look of satisfaction plastered across Ginjima's face.

"Atta girl," the light-haired boy smirked at you.

You tilted your head, smirking back at him. "I only came for your friend," you replied coldly, turning your head to Suna. "This is who you associate with? They're really... interesting."

"Watch your mouth," the taller, older-looking boy of the group growled, stepping in front of Suna. A hand with long, thin fingers and bruises on the knuckles stopped him. Suna Rintarou motioned for his friend to stand down.

You chuckled, impressed. "Wow, you really have them on a leash." Suna's sidekicks were glaring at you and you could feel it. You put your hands in your pockets, keeping your body relaxed and easy. You decided to taunt them some more. "Your little pack of dogs, huh? Isn't that right, Rintarou? After all, they're too low to be your friends-"

Ginjima's fist swung toward your face, his body shifting to strike you. Your instincts kicked in and you dodged it calmly, adjusting your feet so as to not lose your balance. As Ginjima readied himself to strike again, you stepped out of the way, letting his arm go right past you. He stumbled over himself, struggling to regain his balance, only angered further by your movements.

"That's enough, Ginjima."

The leader of the group finally spoke, his tone icy. Only hesitating slightly, the boy who was so ready to attack you moved back, rolling his shoulder around to seem less weak.

Pathetic

"Y/n, you've really caught my attention now," Suna grinned, unaffected by your taunts. You had to admit, the way he addressed you, the way he looked at you, his stance, his posture, the outline of his body, all of it was extremely attractive. Without his school uniform, more of the details on his body were outlined - you caught a glimpse of a tattoo on his left shoulder, red ink against his pale skin. A traditional Japanese dragon.

You brought your gaze back up to his eyes, the shade of the night making them seem a dark orange. "Have I now?"

Before he could answer, Suna's phone rang. He checked the contact name, turned from you and walked to an area where he was alone, answering the call. A few minutes later, after exchanging hushed words with Osamu Miya, he came back to the group, giving them looks of urgency.

"I'm sorry we couldn't have talked longer, Y/n. I'm sure we'll meet another time," were his final words to you, his shoulder brushing yours as he led the group out of the park. 

You wondered what kind of business could be so urgent that Suna would need to leave immediately. You wondered what kind of business such a man did at all - was he in a gang? Was he a drug dealer, or worse, a hitman?

You had no idea. All you had to go on were rumours and a few conversations with him. It wasn't enough to get an accurate impression of him.

All you knew was that despite your dislike for him and his friends, you were beginning to feel physically attracted to him. His piercings, his tattoo - and for all you knew, there could be more of both of those - were both things that you looked for in men.

Over the weekend, the flow of Instagram followers slowed significantly for no reason, and almost no one was harassing you in your comments section. You didn't know for sure, but you had a guess as to why.

a/n++

LOLOLOL I WAS SICK OF ALL THE WEAK Y/NS SO I DECIDED TO MAKE THIS ONE BADASS!! can yall hmu if you can draw dragon tattoos bc im tryna make a drawing of suna and idk how to draw dragon tattoos :) help :)

qotd: what do you look for in a man? for me, personality definitely, but also height, hair, humour and hygiene. its a massive bonus if he has piercings and tattoos tho! im a simp for bad boys! hbu?