nine

"Y/n, have you seen this video?! It's viral in the whole of Japan!"

You leant over Kiku's shoulder, as did Hana, and she tilted the phone screen to show you the video that was playing.

It was a video of the scene at the restaurant parking lot, except they'd posted the part where Suna was flirting with you and edited out the rest of it. Then they showed a video of him fighting the rest of the boys aggressively, winning all of the fights. The caption was, 'Suna Rintarou has a girlfriend??'

"I'm not his girlfriend!" You exclaimed indignantly, everyone in class turning to look at you. "Sorry," you apologized for your loud exclamation. 

Even though you denied the accusations, you couldn't help but remember that night... You pushed the thought out of your mind. Besides, you hadn't even seen him since then.

When class finished, you, Hana, and Kiku made your way out into the hallway to put away your books before the next class. Your two friends deposited their books quickly and said they had to go to the bathroom so you were left alone at your locker, trying to remember what class was next on your timetable.

"Y/n, I have a message for you," a voice mumbled behind you. You turned around to meet the eyes of a first year boy you didn't recognize. "Um... Suna says to meet him outside school immediately... If you have time."

You clenched your jaw, knowing that Suna wouldn't have included the last part. Nevertheless, you nodded and quickly shoved everything you now didn't need into your locker, slamming it shut.

"Thanks," you muttered, stalking away from the boy Suna had sent.

You quickly texted Hana saying not to wait for you and to go straight to class and then put away your phone, striding down the hallway confidently.

Suna was waiting for you at the gate, as he had promised. "Y/n, glad you could make it," he smirked, eyeing you from head to toe.

"Whatever, Rintarou. I'm assuming this is about the video?"

The messy-haired boy narrowed his eyes. "You assume correctly."

You opened your mouth to speak but Suna held out a hand to stop you. "Not here."

He grabbed your wrist and pulled you into a nearby alleyway, away from the public eye. "Who knows who could be recording. Y/n, I have a reputation to uphold. Our choices are limited."

You stared at him in confusion. "Get to the point."

"We either need to deny everything, which means we never talk to each other - or even look at each other - again," Suna sighed, "Or... We let the rumours run around and never address them."

"Or we could pretend to be dating," you finished, folding your arms. "I'm well aware."

Suna bit his lip. "I keep underestimating you, don't I?"

You shrugged. "Everyone does."

"Tch."

You thought back to that night in Suna's car, and you glanced at his piercing, the hair that your hands raked through. 

"Let's not address them. It'll help both of our reputations more than the other two options; it'll leave things up to the imagination, there won't be any restrictions for how we move forward, you'll remain a mystery that nobody knows anything about..." you explained your point of view.

Suna smirked softly. "I like the sound of that. No restrictions..." he leaned down, his breath warm on your ear. "Good choice, Princess." He bit the top of your ear, turning you on as his hand snaked around your waist and pulled your body close to his.

It took you a moment to snap back into reality. You pushed against his chest, moving away from his chest. "So, what do I need to do?"

Suna stared at you, intensity in his eyes, unhurt by your rejection. "Don't give anyone an answer. Don't answer questions. Don't post about it on your social media. Basically, don't change anything you're doing right now."

"Fine by me. Is that all?" 

Suna hesitated, eyes lingering on yours. "That's all."

"I'm assuming you're not going back to school?"

"I have unfinished business, Princess. I'll see you around."

You glanced over your shoulder as you left. "I'm sure you will."

"He what?!" Kiku cried, slapping her hand to her mouth as you had finished telling the story of where you were. 

"So you're telling me," Hana began, eyes wide, "that you're... hanging out with... the HOTTEST boy in Inarizaki?"

You rubbed your forehead. "I guess. Unofficially."

Hana let out a shocked laugh. "And I have to keep this a secret?"

"Yes." You said seriously. "You two must not tell ANYONE I told you this. I'll kill you, and then Suna will kill you and then he'll kill me. Got it?"

"Seems like Suna would have a rough time killing you," Kiku teased. "I saw a video of you fighting before Suna sent you away. Oh yeah, where did you go after he sent you out of the scene?"

You thought about whether you should tell them. Eventually, you decided against it. You figured their reactions would be too loud to avoid attention from the other classmates.

"I drove myself home."

This was a blatant lie but luckily for you, your past had given you experience in lying. Your friends blindly believed you, unaware of the fact that you didn't have a car in Tokyo.

"What's he like?!" Hana asked, her expression of extreme curiosity. 

You thought back to when he rapped to the Eminem song so you wouldn't feel embarrassed. "He's not as much of a dick as he seems, I guess," you answered with a shrug.

"Wow, he's won you over," Kiku marveled. 

You glared at her indignantly. "No he has not."

"Yes he has!" Hana replied gleefully. "You're blushing right now!"

You rolled your eyes and opened your mouth to reply when the teacher interrupted your conversation. "Would you like to continue this conversation in front of the class?" He asked, and you and your friends quietened, ashamed.

After school, you were walking home with Kiku when your phone buzzed with a text.

It read:

[Unknown number]

one more thing, princess.

think twice before you fall in love with me

You smirked before replying.

You

there's no chance of that, rintarou.

a/n++

sorry this chapter is a lil bit short butttt its okayyy its the content that matters rightttt???

qotd: do u go for quantity or quality when it comes to fanfic? please tell me bc i need to factor it into my writing lolol :)