Chapter 7

Dua's P.O.V

It was tuesday morning. Five days were left in the party which was to be held on upcoming sunday. Me, Aina and Laiba didn't talk about what happened at the restaurant.
Maybe I overreacted. He was with a girl but she could be his friend, his workmate or anyone. I shouldn't think like that. But seeing him with someone did something to me and I was hella angry not only at him but at myself too.

It was all my fault. Because of me I'm in this situation. He hates me. I know for sure snd I can't do anything but to accept it as a punishment for my betrayal. Life is not always to fair to those who are unfair with others. Maybe at times you'll think that you win but in the end it's you whose at loss.

We were all in the meeting room. It was the final meeting before the party. Hashir wanted to check over all the arrangements for the party and finalize it. I didn't wanted to attend the meeting since I was ignoring both Hashir and Umar and both were doing the same to me but I had to attend it since I was handling all the invitations and Hashir had to verify them too.

The environment in the office was really awkward. You could sense the tension between the three of us. But we all choose to ignore it and started the meeting. After an hour we were done and Hashir was giving us the final instructions.

I looked up at him while he was speaking. He was wearing black pants and white shirt with a white overcoat. His hair were perfectly jelled back at his head. His eyebrows were knit together as he was concentrating over the file on his hand. He looked so good that I was zoned out for a moment seeing him speak in his dominant voice.

I was brought out to the reality by a knock on the door. It was so loud that we all got startled for s moment. Before anyone can react or even say something. The door was banged open. A girl came running and sobbing from the door and crashed with Hashir who had stood up seeing her.
We all were looking at both of them wide eyed and shocked while Hashir looked at her panicked and engulfed her in a hug caressing her hair while girl was busy sniffling and sobbing in his chest.

"Shh.....shhh Princess! Are you alright? Why are you crying? How did you come here? Please say something."
Hashir said cooing at the girl and I was dumbfounded.
I thought he would push her away or yell at her how she touched him like that because it was clearly wrong. How can he hug a random girl like this?
I felt so hurt and my chest tightened seeing them this close. And the panick and worry in his voice made my heart wrench. It was clear that he loved the girl that's why he was worried for her like that.

"Princess! Shh... It's ok. Everything's alright"
Hashir tried in softer tone again but the girl was still crying and holding him.

"Excuse us please. We'll continue later. This is important"
Hashir said dismissing us so we can go out and give them space.
"Come on. Let's go"
Aina said in my ears when she saw me looking at them with hurt plastered on my face and numb feet.

I didn't wanted to leave them alone. I wanted to stand there no matter what anyone says. I wanted to see if he had replaced me with her in his life or maybe I was never in his life to began with. How much I'll try to act brave or indifferent or nonchalant about the situation it still hurts.

"We're leaving."
Laiba whispered and dragged me to the staff room where all friends of us were also sitting as there were still fifteen minutes left to the next ward and I wanted nothing but to run towards the meeting room and see what that girl was doing with him. And now I realized it was the same girl which I saw with him in the restaurant.

"Dua are you fine?"
Zohaib asked looking at me concerned.
I looked at Zohaib and then looked at Umar who looked away and get up from his seat.
Before anyone can ask what happened to him Umar moved out banging the door close behind him.