Chapter 8

Dua's P.O.V

Hashir was not coming to the hospital and it had been four days. I was worried sick for him though I know I shouldn't. I don't know why but all the emotions I was feeling were getting wild. And I realized just now that how much I still feel for him and it was making me scared. I was scared of my own self because the only thing I'll get by moving on this path will lead to destruction and it was very clear to me.

I still remembered the way he expressed his love for me the first time and it was beyond beautiful and I'm afraid to fall for it again and again because this time I'll surely break. I was thinking about it when Suddenly a beautiful memory crossed my mind.

                       Flashback

"Dua what are you reading?"
Hashir asked sitting in front of me on the sofa.
I was in Agha Jaan's study reading a book when he came so suddenly and asked me making me so startled that I jumped from the sofa frightened.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you"
He said barely controlling his chuckles while I glared at him and put a hand over my chest to slow down my rapid heartbeats.

"Who scare someone like that Hashir Wali khan? Thank God I didn't have a heart attack"
I said in a hard tone still glaring at him.
"Sorry but I didn't know you were that engrossed in a book that you didn't even notice me coming"
He said smiling and I looked down embarrassed because he was right and I clearly  didn't notice him coming as I was reading my favourite novel.

"What were you reading?"
He asked me and I looked at him while he was looking at the book in my hands.
"I was reading my favourite novel"
I replied and he looked surprised at my revelation.

"You read novels? You kidding right?"
He asked in surprised tone and I was amused at his expressions.
"I do. Why are you so surprised?"
I asked him sitting down on the sofa again.

"You said You wanna choose medical fiels as your profession. So I didn't take you as a literature loving person."
He said looking at me in question.
He was right. I did told him about all my interests but never told him about my passion for reading novels. And I was going to choose medical as my profession that was right too. But it didn't mean that I can't read literature or can't love it. A person can has multiple interests. It was same for me. Reading was my passion too as much as medical was.

"I love reading literature. I never mentioned it as we never spoke about it. You tell me do you have any such passion?"
I asked him keeping the book on the table as I couldn't concentrate on it in his presence.

"About that. You know what my passion is."
He said mysteriously and I giggled at his expressions. He was best at sketching according to Agha jaan and I recently discovered that It was his passion as I caught him sketching in the garden but he never showed me his sketch as he made an excuse. I asked Agha jaan about it and he told me about his passion for sketching.

"I don't know. Since you hid it and never told me about it. I wouldn't have come to know about it if I haven't caught you sketching and I'm angry at you for this.And it was my payback to not tell you about my passion for reading books."
I said gaining back my serious expression.
"Fine. Come with me"
He said getting up and I smiled at him because I was successful in riling him up.