Chapter 20

Dua's P.O.V

My eyes were closing down on their own while I keep staring at my bloodied wrist when I heard something. It was a faint sound of my ringtone. My mobile was ringing in my pocket. I contemplated either to see it or not but then decided to check it. I took it out shakily and look towards the mobile screen.

It was my mother's call. Suddenly I recalled something she said to me that night five years ago when I lost my brother.
"Dua! You're the only one I've left now. Remember this till you're breathing I'm breathing. The day I'll lost you I'll lose myself."

I threw away the knife hurriedly like it'll burn me and looked toward my wrist. I gasp in horror as to what I was doing. I ran toward my room to find a first aid kit. I cleaned my wound and apply ointment to it with my trembling hands. Thankfully the wound wasn't that deep.

What the hell was I thinking? I was gonna kill myself.
I thought in my mind and rubbed my forhead. It didn't happen in past two years. I was again having suicidal thoughts. I had made promise to my mother that I'll never harm myself and I again did it.
I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes altough I was sure I wasn't going to get any sleep tonight.

After tossing and turning for I don't know how long I finally went to sleep but that last only for two hours and I woke up because of a horrible nightmare sweating badly. Guess I really need to have a break and relax myself.

My thoughts went towards the incident yesterday when Hashir almost kissed me and then insulted me after. My mind was so jumbled that I didn't know how to tackle the situation or how to behave. And somewhere deep down I knew it was my fault that we're in this mess so the guilt I felt didn't let me meet his accusing eyes. But atleast I came to know one thing that it didn't matter how much Hashir pretend he was still affected by me.

                  Hashir's P.O.V

Sun rays coming from the window disturbed my sleep and I groaned in annoyance.
Who the hell opened the window of my room.
I thought in my mind and got up to close them when I noticed my surrounding.

I wasn't in my own room. I was staying at Dua's apartment in her room for a night. I sighed heavily and went to washroom to freshen up. I took a bath and wore my pants which I was wearing earlier.

The shirt I wore was ruined due to rain and I had took it off and throw it somewhere during my sleep as I was feeling hot. And now I had no shirt to wear. I cursed myself for staying here.
Actually I don't even remember what happened after I followed Dua to her room as I suddenly felt so sleepy snd blacked out.

I decided to went out and ask Dua if she had any spare man's shirt which I highly doubt but maybe she kept something of her brother or maybe friends. As I wasn't going to hospital without any shirt on. Imagine CEO of the hospital coming there shirtless.  I chuckled at my own thoughts. But really I have to go to hospital as I have to attend a very important meeting.

I was lost in my own thoughts when I heard something. Like someone was talking loudly. I shrugged my shoulders as who can be here so early and decided to go out to ask for a shirt.

I closed the door of her room and called her.
"Dua! Do you have any sh....."
Before I could complete myself I looked upward to see five pair of eyes staring at me.
Three of them were looking shocked. One in anger yet Dua looked nervous.

                       Dua's P.O.V

My alarm rang and I shut it off and check the time. It was almost 6am. I knew it was too early for breakfast but I was very aware of the fact that Hashir was an early riser and he probably still is. I decided to make a lavish breakfast for him as I wasn't gonna let him go with an empty stomach.