Chapter 24

Hashir's P.O.V

It was about 12pm yet I wasn't sleepy at all. Didn't know why but I was restless like something bad is going to happen. I shook my head to clear these thoughts.

My mind went towards the earlier conversation that I had with Dua and I sighed dejectedly. I was outright rude to her despite knowing she wasn't behind it as her signature were fake but still the thought of her asking divorce from me hit something inside me and I felt extremely furious. So I shouted at her even when she wasn't at fault. I accused her of so many wrongs which she didn't even committed.

I decided to call her as I was sure I wasn't getting any sleep without talking to her. I was feeling extremely guilty.

I dialled her number. The bell rang but no one was picking up. I cut the call and ran a hand through my hair. She must be asleep by now. I tried to reassure myself but don't know why I was still restless for some reason.

Someone knocked at my door breaking my chain of thoughts snd I frowned. Who could be here at this moment?

"Who's there?"
I asked and the reply came immediately.

"Sir! Its me."
Came the reply of Mrs. Bano. She was an old, kind and gentle lady of about fifty years. She was the incharge of the household chore and all the workers in the mansion. As she was my driver's wife so I easily convinced both of them to stay at the mansion as it was difficult for me to manage everything on my own since I was living alone. They were resided in south wing of the mansion which was made mainly for servants. They both mostly went to sleep at almost 11 after getting done with all the work. So I frowned at her voice. Why wasn't she sleep yet?

"Is everything alright?"
I asked opening my room's door.

"Sir! Someone's here to meet you."
She replied while I look at her confused.

"This time? Who's he?"
I asked getting out of the room and looked at her who also looked quite confused.

"Sir he looked in a quite disheveled condition and I was reluctant to let him in but he said it's urgent. He said you know him. His name is Umar."
She replied and I nodded at her.

"Ok. You can go to sleep. I know him. I'll meet him myself."
I replied pondering over why would Umar came to meet me.

I went down and it was indeed Umar. His eyes were bloodshot red and clothes were quite disheveled. His hair looked messy like he kept pulling them or something. His face also held a grim expression and he didn't notice me even after I sat in front of him as he looked to be in deep thoughts. I fake cleared my throat to get his attention and finally he looked at my way.

"Everything fine? Wht did you suddenly came to meet me in this state?"
I asked refering to his indecent state and he glared at me.

"What did you do to Dua?"
He asked and I looked at him confused.

"I didn't understand what....."
Before I could say something he got up from his seat and held my collar without even giving me a chance to move back.
I pushed his hands away from my collar and jerked him and he almost stumbled to ground as my temper flare up.

"Mr. Umar I have been acting civil with you. Even at Dua's appartment I didn't said anything to you because of my wife but that doesn't mean that you can misbehave with me in my own house."
I said hardly gritting my teeth and he got up and looked at me furiously.

"Wife. Huh? Have you ever cared for her? Because of you she's in this situation. I'm telling you Hashir if anything happened to her I'll kill you."
He shouted and I was taken aback with his outburst and concern filled me at his words.