Chapter 39

Dua's P.O.V

I woke up because of the whispers that kept ringing in my ears. My eyes were heavy with sleep and I blinked rapidly as the blinding light almost had me close them again.

"Water!"
I croaked to the person who was sitting beside me and I was forwarded a glass of chilled water instantly. I gulped down the water slowly as my vision become clear and I looked up.

All of my friends were present in the room as well as Dr. Asfandyar and Dr. Abis too which seemed to be the hospital room as the walls were all white with the faint smell of chlorine lingering in the air. Dr. Abis and Asfandyar left after muttering something to my friends which I didn't understand.

"Are you all right?"
Zohaib asked me as he was the one who was sitting beside me and had offered me water.

"Yeah."
I muttered clearing my throat as I tried to recall what happened and suddenly like a bolt of electricity, everything came back to me. Hashir and I were attacked when we were returning home and he was shot.

I immediately got up and tried to remove the IV which was inserted in my arm when Laiba pushed me down on the bed again gently and she glared at me.

"Lay down. You're already very weak. Don't make it more hard for you."
This time it was Aina who spoke and I looked at them in panic.

"Hashir. He....... He was sh....shot."
I stammered as I again tried to get up but Laiba didn't let me.

"Hashir is here in the hospital. He will be fine. You don't have to worry. Just focus on getting better yourself."
Zohaib spoke and my eyes welled with tears. He wasn't ok. I knew it. As their expressions were grim.

"Please! Let me go and see him myself or tell me the truth."
I spoke my voice barely above a whisper and Zohaib sighed. Certainly, it wasn't a good news.

"He was shot and the bullet pierced his lung. He was lucky that he didn't get shot in heart. We removed the bullet and stopped the bleeding but it was getting worse. So, he had to be put in an induced comma for a week. He can't breathe normally. We'll monitor him the whole week. Then, we'll reach a conclusion. Nothing can be said till now."
Zohaib said hoarsely and I tried to hold down my tears. It wasn't that bad. I could've lost him and that thought alone made me shudder in fright. Instead, there was a chance for him to recover. He could get better. No I was sure he would get better. He had to.. For me, For our child....d

"My baby....... My.."
Suddenly as it occurred to me, my hands went to my tummy and I screamed in fear. No, I couldn't lost another child. I couldn't. This can't happen again. And I looked toward my friends questioningly.

"Relax Dua! The baby is fine. You both are fine. Take deep breaths."
Laiba who was startled by my sudden scream reassured me and I sighed in relief. My baby was fine.

"You lost a lot of blood that's why you're very weak. But the baby is perfectly fine."
She smiled at me and I took deep breaths to calm myself.

"Do you remember what happened before you and Hashir were shot?"
This time it was Zohaib who questioned and I nodded at him.

"I remember everything."
I whispered and he looked at me sympathetically.

"The police wants to question you about it If you're fine with that. As it's already been three days they've been waiting."
He said giving me another shock.

"I was unconscious for three days?"
I asked shocked and they nodded at me.

"Can I see him after it?"
I asked hopefully and Zohaib sighed.

"Fine but not until you drip is completed."
He instructed and I gave him a nod.

After the police was done questioning me about the incident. They took me to the ward wher he was admitted.