Chapter 31

Hashir's P.O.V

Finally, things were working out for both me and Dua. We were sleeping in the same bed since one week when we patched up things with eachother. And since then all was going well.
Both of us were in the healing phase and I knew it was gonna take some time till everything will come to its pace.

All was going so normal that it was starting to creep me out. I mean I knew Dua's father. He wasn't a man who takes rejection so well and it's been two weeks since I rejected his offer to divorce Dua and walk away and I knew he wasn't gonna sit idle after it.
I still didn't had any idea why he was after me like this but I've got some clues and I knew it was time for me to do some digging of my own.

And that's why I had to leave for about one month or maybe more and but I wanted to talk it out with Dua first. I didn't want to bail out on her when she already has gone through so much.
All the preparations for my departure had been done and even Asfandyar has signed the documents as he was gonna take the charge of the hospital for two months as CEO in my position till I return.

I called Dua and told her to meet me at a caffe. I thought it might be a good idea than to talk in home since I wanted a change of environmet.

I knew Dua wasn't going to take it well. Hell I wasn't taking it well either. Leaving Dua for months was a hell of it's own kind. Things were just starting to get better between us and now I had to leave. And I was hating it. But I knew for us to have a better future together I have to do it. Otherwise there will be no guarantee that we even have a future together.

I reached the Caffe and started waiting for her. She took her sweet time in arriving while I was dying with nervousness since I didn't knew how she was gonna react.

Finally, she came. She sat in front of ne and I ordered coffee for the both of us.
She didn't say anything and kept frowning which gave me the idea that she was upset about something.

"What happened?"
I initiated the conversation since she didn't say anything even after a minute and she snapped her head at me and shook her head.

"Nothing much. You tell me why you called me here?"
She answered vaguely and before I could say something she cut me off.

"Wait. I think I should tell you this probably. If you want to hear it."
She asked with uncertainty and I motioned her to speak.

"Hashir we should be careful. I don't think we should meet at the public places like this."
She said shortly and I gave her a confused look as I didn't understand what she was trying to say.

"What do you mean?"
I asked and she heaved a deep sigh and looked at me.

"Hashir! The whole hospital thinks that there is something going on between us. The day I was admitted to the hospital your reaction was so violent and I know how you would've felt that day. I'm not blaming you because if something happened to you I'll lose my mind too. But everyone is now suspicious of us. The other day some fellow doctor saw us in a car together and now there are rumours in the whole hospital that we're dating or something. And I don't want them to see us together again and assume something wrong."
She said in a single breath and now I understood her dilemma.

I was already aware of this ruckus as I was the owner of the hospital and nothing happened there which I don't know.

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen. And besides everyone has seen you roaming around with Umar and Zohaib too. I don't think they'll think that you're dating all three of us at the same time. Because that's ridiculous"
I kinda reassured her who looked at me like I had grown horns on my head.

"Why aren't you trying to understand? Umar and Zohaib are my friends and batch fellows and everyone know that we've studied in same college. So we're kinda best friends. But with you it's different. You're the CEO of the hospital and I'm your employee. They will think that I've trapped you or something."
She burst out at me and I hid an amused smile which was trying to make it's way on my face since Dua was looking so cute with her nose red in anger.