Chapter 14

Dua's P.O.V

"And then she told me the kitten belong to her. Isn't it so cute? Dua Are you listening to me even? Dua?"
Aina was blabbering God knows what while I was lost in my own thoughts or more like in thoughts of a certain hazel eyed person.

"Hey!"
Her sharp voice broke my chain of thoughts.

"Huh."
It was all I could utter. Since I didn't even know what she was talking about. I gave her an apologetic smile while she gave me a glare and huffed showing she's angry.

"Forget her. What happened to you Dua?"
Zohaib asked me with a concerned look ignoring Aina.
Zohaib, I and Aina were sitting in a restaurant having a coffee while Umar and Laiba were nowhere in sight. We were waiting for them. It was night time. We friends have decided to have a dinner together. So currently we were sitting in here waiting for the both of them who were late because of their late night duty.

"Hello! I'm going to have a tour of restaurant. You both bore guys can sit here and chill."
Aina huffed at us and our lack of attention towards her and left leaving me and Zohaib alone.

"I'm not fine."
I finally broke the silence looking at him. Zohaib was just like my big brother Uzair to me and it was rather funny that he and my brother were also best friends. So whenever I had any complaint against Uzair bhai (brother) or Umar I always came to him. We shared a deep sibling bond despite the fact that we aren't blood related.

Uzair Bhai wasn't here and Umar was out of option. So I thought about sharing my problems with Zohaib. Since I knew that being a mature person he'll give me a good advice like always.

"Can you tell me why?"
His question made me look at him while he was already looking at me with his eyebrows raised in question.

"I'm not fine because I'm confused and overthinking."
I answered him in low voice and before he could say something I cut him off asking him a question which was bothering me for a while since we came to this city.

"Can you forgive a person who break your trust?"
I asked and he was taken back my sudden weird question.

" It depends upon the situation and the person."
He answered but his answer didn't quite satisfy me like I thought it would.

"And what if the person who break your trust is the one you love? Will you forgive him or should you forgive him?"
I asked again hoping for the answer that could satisfy me.

"Then it's difficult to forgive."
He answered again in the sane tone judging my reaction.

"What makes the difference?"
I asked curiously.

"Love does Dua. Love is quite a difficult emotion you know. It doesn't demand redamancy. When you love someone you don't need their love in return. You're happy with what you can offer to your lover without wanting anything in return. But love  demands loyalty and trust. I don't think there's any love if there is no trust. And if someone you love break your trust then I don't think it's easy to forgive him. It takes time and effort."
He answered me putting an end to my jumbled thoughts.

"You mean you can get forgiveness but you have to try hard?"
I asked the question which arise in my mind after his statement.

"You can. Dua there is no mistake in this world which cannot be corrected. You just have to work in right direction to do it. And you have to be sincere in it. If you want trust of the person you love you have to prove it to him that you deserve it and believe me he'll be obliged to trust you again."

This time his answer satisfied my heart and I made a decision. A tough one. No matter what I'll seek Hashir's forgiveness for whatever I have done to him. I know it'll not be easy but I'll try my best because I know my restless heart will not be at ease till he forgives me.