Chapter 12

Dua's P.O.V

It was the day of party. We girls have handled everything beforehand. So now we were getting ready in a parlor.

I was wearing my bracelet when my phone rang. It was Umar and I was surprised to see him calling me as we hadn't talked properly since days and I was really missing his presence now as we always used to stick together since our childhood. We never fought like that. Most of our fights lasts a day or two or maybe a week not like now when we didn't talk properly for about a month

Sure I was angry at him for his irrational behaviour but most of all my anger was not for him. I was angry at myself and I directed all my anger to him.
I sighed and picked up the call.
"Hey Dua! Are you ready for the party?"
His thick voice sounds immediately when I attended the call.
"Yeah. Everything alright? Why're you asking?"
I asked confused.

"I'm outside the parlour waiting for you. Come out."
He replied to which I furrowed my eyebrows.
"I have my own car. Why did you come to pick me up?"
I asked confused.

"I know but I came for you. Now come fast."
He answered briskly.
"But....."
Before I could protest he cut me off
"Girls will come in your car. Now no more excuses. Come out."
He replied and hung up on me and I huffed in annoyance.

I lookes at Aina and she give me a reassuring smile and I looked at her questioningly.
"You told him to come right?"
I asked to which she give me a positive nod.

"Well we can't see you two fighting like cats for whole your life. Can we?
You two only look good when you're biting eachother's head off. Now shoo and go to your cousin and don't come back before you solve your issues"
Laiba said flipping her hair and I smiled and hug both of them in gratitude.
These were my friends whom I didn't even need to explain anything even they already understand me. I felt thankful to God for giving me such good friends.

"Now now girl. Don't try to cry or ruin our makeup. Go before Umar come here to pick you himself"
Aina said smiling and I giggled and went out.
Umar was standing leaning against the car. His eyes close and and his hands folded before him.
He didn't open his eyes when I approached him. So I cleared my throat to get his attention.

He startled and looked at me. I gave him a smile and he smiled back and gestured me to sit in the car.
He started driving towards the hospital.
There was an awkward silence in the car and I wasn't liking it one bit. I mean imagine sitting with your best friend with in an awkward situation.
Finally I broke the silence and decided to apologize since it was mainly my fault. Anger got the best of me that day and I hurted him.

"I'm sorry."
We both said at the same time and then looked at eachother astonished. There was a pause of one minute and we burst out laughing.
Finally everything was getting normal. After our laughter subsided he started speaking.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have hurted you that day."
He said looking at me and giving me an apologizing smile.

"I'm sorry too I shouldn't have reacted that way. I was angry and I directed all my anger towards you."
I said and he nodded his head.
"Are we okay now madam?"
He asked after a minute and I shook my head in negative smiling mischievously.
"Not untill you buy me my favourite ice-cream."
I gave him a cheeky smile and he chuckled nodding his head.

"Dua you can share everything with me. You know that right?"
Said Umar after a moment of silence while I give him a reassuring smile.

"I know. I just want you to stay out of this Umar. I don't want you getting hurt because of me. I know how you feel. I really do but I don't want to hurt you more than you already are. So please stay away from it. I promise you you'll be the first one I'll turn to if I find myself in any trouble."
I told him looking into his eyes and he nodded his head at me giving me the reassurance that he'll stay out of it.