Chapter 30

Hashir P.O.V

I could only watch her break down in front of me while explaining how she lost the baby. And I was also feeling so much broken just like herself if not more.

And for the first time ever I didn't know what to say or do. Should I cry? Or get angry? Or maybe feel guilty for never been there or be mad at her for not telling me before? What was I even suppose to do?

"Can you please leave me alone for a while?"
I whispered and that was the only thing I managed to utter even though I wanted to say a lot of things ask a lot of things but I knew neither of us were in right state of mind so probably having some space in this moment was the best.

She didn't said anything. She just left while I know she wanted to say a lot of things too just like I did but wasn't able to.

I went to my room and sat down on the floor with my back to the wall. I just couldn't process all of this. Getting to know that I had a child on the way who died even before he was born was agonizing and to think that Dua dealt with it alone made me feel more sad, angry but most of all guilty. But it was the truth that somehow it wasn't my fault too. It was all just so messed up.

..............................

A whole week passed and guess what we were back to our original selves. Ignoring eachother like plague. But this time Dua wasn't exactly ignoring me. She just couldn't figure out how to start a conversation with me and neither could I.

And we barely had the time to interact since I did my breakfast early in the morning even before she woke up and left for the hospital and came back home midnight. While in the hospital we just talked if it was utmost necessary and it was highly professional.

But now I was sick and tired of this blame game and avoiding eachother scenario. We were moved passed it.
It was clear to me that none of it was Dua's fault and I had to stop being so stubborn.

Last time Dua came to me to tell me everything. Even though she had no chance to even say it before I found out about it on my own. But it still proved that she atleast tried and I had to try too. So this time I had to go to her. It was only fair.

I got home late at night. I had my dinner already at hospital and I knew Dua was home and she had her dinner too. It was probably the best time to talk to her. I was also worried about her father's games and pressure on me was increasing. It was possible that I had to go abroad about the whole investigation I was doing on his illegal business. But before that I wanted to clear everything with Dua. I didn't want to leave her alone without any explanation like I did last time.

I went to her room and knocked at her door a couple of times. She didn't open up but I knew she was awake since it was only ten and the lights in her room were also on. So I entered her room as the door wasn't locked.
Her room was empty. She was in the bathroom as I could hear the shower run. I sat on her bed waiting for her to come.

After five minutes she came out. And damn I had never seen her ever like this. She was wearing a black nightie which went upto her ankles. It was sleeveless and it gave me a nice view of her creamy bare shoulders and arms as she wasn't wearing the robe over it. The neckline was also quite deep giving an extensive view of her cleavage. Her deep brown hair were open which reached her lower back while some of the locks were falling over her face fondling with her cheeks. Her face looked angelic and fuck if I wasn't charmed.

She was breathtakingly gorgeous and I just couldn't take my eyes off her. Surely I had seen her before too but I had no clear memories of that night. It all was a blur to me and sometimes I would often question myself if that night really happened or it all was just a dream but seeing her now had made me spellbound.