Chapter 10

Jessica finished packing the last of her things which wasn't a lot, she didn't expect to be heading to Egypt, so she didn't have any clothes that she would have normally taken on vacation with her. Jessica carried her bag downstairs leaving it at the door, Charlie's bag was all ready to go.

Jessica was dressed differently from the work clothes she had been wearing for almost two weeks. She wore black jeans with a white tank top and a denim jacket. Jessica head outside to see what Charlie had been doing all morning, Mrs Winters was waiting with a four birdcage, that was big enough to fit large owls inside.

"Why are there four cages?" Jessica asked, she thought they were taking one animal to Egypt.

"It's for the Fwoopers you're taking to Egypt with you, Mr Weasley decided to take four of them," Mrs Winters explained, cleaning out the cages ready for the animal.

Charlie approached Mrs Winters and Jessica, with four parrot-sized birds, two perched on each arm. They have brightly coloured feathers each a different colour one was bright pink, the second was bright yellow, the third was lime green and the fourth bright orange.

"How are we going to get four birds to Egypt?" Jessica asked as Charlie helped the Fwoopers into their cages.

"I have an extension charm on my backpack, it's where the animals live while I travel they'll be fine in there," Charlie told her,

"How you'd come up with that?" Jessica asked, smiling at the smart idea, certainly was an easier way to travel with creatures.

"Newt Scamander, invented them he had a briefcase though," Charlie told her,

"Newt Scamander? He wrote the book that we used at school for care of magical creatures, didn't he?" Jessica said.

"Yeah, he's a great Magizoologist, one of the best," Charlie said, "practically paved the way for people like me, who want to do right by these animals," Jessica smiled at him

Charlie opened his backpack, he stepped inside the bag, going down into a small room, Mrs Winters passed him the Fwooper, Jessica could only see his hands reaching out of the backpack to grab the birds. Once the last bird was given to Charlie, he emerged from the backpack. He put his arms through the backpack, adjusting the straps.

"Are you ready?"

*** 3 hours later ***

Charlie and Jessica arrived in Egypt. Charlie had informed Jessica that he hadn't told his parents or siblings that he was bringing her on their trip, but he told her not to worry and that he would explain things once they got there. They took a bus to the hotel where the family were staying.

Once they arrived at the hotel, Charlie and Jessica walked towards the hotel doors, Charlie face grew a bright smile as he heard the voices of his brothers, they were arguing until their mum told them to 'pack it in'.

"Charlie!" his mother called, causing her to walk towards them, with her arms open wide.

"I'll take the bags upstairs, while you see your family," Charlie nodded, Jessica smiled taking the bags upstairs to their rooms.

"Hi mum," Charlie said, embracing his mother.

"It's good to see you dear, who's your friend?" Molly asked,

Charlie knows the answer his mother really wanted him to say, she always wished he'd bring someone home to meet the family. Even if Tonks had been at his house many times while they were at school, his parents knew they were nothing more than friends.

"Jessica my..." Charlie saw the hopeful smile on his mother's face and couldn't bear to see it fall. "Girlfriend, she's my girlfriend,"

"Why'd you let her take the bags upstairs by herself, that's not very gentleman-like, I'd like to meet her," she said,

Charlie hurried upstairs unsure exactly how he was going to explain this to Jessica. Jessica had just settled down the bags, heading towards the door when Charlie burst inside.

"Are you alright?" Jessica asked

"No, erm yes, I need to tell you something," Charlie stammered, Jessica waited for him to speak.

"I might have told my mother that you're my girlfriend-

"You what!?" Jessica shouted

"I didn't mean to, she seemed so happy, the look on her face she was hoping I'd say girlfriend, I just couldn't hurt her feelings," Charlie said, Jessica softened her expressions

"I suppose, it wouldn't be too bad, It's not like we have to do anything to prove it," Jessica said, she offered him a small smile.

"Thank you, she wants to meet you, is that alright?" Charlie said, Jessica nodded her head, Charlie guided Jessica downstairs,

"Mum, Dad, this is Jessica," Charlie said, introducing Jessica to his parents

"It's nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs Weasley," Jessica said holding her hand out to them

"No need for formalities," Molly said, pulling Jessica in for a hug, "it's Molly and Arthur,"

"And these are my brother, Bill, Percy, Fred, George, Ron and my sister Ginny," Charlie told her, pointing each one of his siblings out.

"This is going to be an interesting trip," Fred whispered to George smirking in Jessica and Charlie direction.