Chapter 68

"I swear, someone was watching me,"

"Well, the Jarvey's said they didn't see anyone," Charlie told her

"You trust an animal over me,"

"They have human intelligence and speech-

"I don't care, I am your wife, Archie and I were followed, you believe that stupid rat over me," Charlie hurt expression soften her voice,

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that -

"Yeah you did," Charlie told her

He walked outside across the sand towards the sea, Jessica sighed she sat down with her head in her hands. Mary patted her knee she smiled at her, Jessica sat Mary on her lap, she kissed all over her freckled face, making her laugh. She sat with Mary, along with her brother and sister on the sofa, cuddled under a thin blanket.

The door closed as Charlie came back, Jessica gestured for Archie to take Anna and Mary into another room, Anna hugged her father's leg as she walked past him with Archie and Mary. Charlie shoved his hands into his pockets, waiting to see what she had to said.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean what I said, I was scared, I was followed-

"I know, you wouldn't have lied about that," he told her, he opened his arms, she wrapped her arms around his waist, he kissed her forehead.

"The wedding is in a few days, maybe that will take your mind off things," Charlie said,

"I sure hope you're right,"

***

Jessica dressed Mary and Anna, while Charlie took Archie to get dressed with Bill, their children had the honour of being page boy and flower girls, for Bill and Fleur's wedding. Fleur's sister along with Ginny were bridesmaids, Jessica hoped that Molly had changed her views on Bill and Fleur's relationship.

"My little girls you look so adorable," Jessica said, she brushed their hair away from their faces, holding it back with a hair clip.

"Hi, I'm ready to take them," Ginny said, poking her head around the door

"You be good for aunt Ginny," she told them kissing her cheek, they nodded, holding Ginny's hands

"How's your mum?" she asked

"She's fine, I think we all acted a little irrationally, Fleur is really nice,"

"I feel terrible to talk to her that way,"

"Don't be, she needed to hear it, and shamefully so did I," Ginny admitted, she looked down smiling at her nieces, "Bill loves her and that's all that should matter,"

Jessica made her way to the wedding reception, she sat beside Aimee Black. Bill had invited the entire Aimee and her husband, their children were invited too, along with the Weasley family and the Delacour's, it was a huge wedding. Jessica smiled trying to hold back her laughter as her children were misbehaving.

Charlie had to hold Archie's hand to stop him from walking over to Bill, Ginny had to hold Anna dress down to stop her from lifting it up. Mary kept wanting to sit on the floor, though Ginny managed to keep her stood up, thankfully for Ginny and Charlie the ceremony ended without any incidents from the children.

"Wonderful wedding isn't it?" Aimee said, helping herself to a drink

"Yes, brings me back to my wedding," Jessica said, she smiled as she saw Fred dancing with Rhea. "what was your wedding like Mrs Black?"

"We didn't have a wedding when we got married, it wasn't important at the time,"

"Oh, I'm sorry you didn't have a wedding,"

"It's fine, the children organised a wedding for us, it was really sweet, Sirius even shaved for the occasion," Aimee chuckled,

"How long have you been together?" Jessica asked, as the pair still seemed to be very much in love,

"22 years together, 18 years married,"

"That's amazing, I look a Molly and Arthur, and wonder how they do it,"

"If you truly love each other, it's like a fairytale, I married my best friend, best decision I ever made,

"Hunny, I love this song," Sirius said, taking his wife's hand twirling her around on the dance floor.

Jessica watched as they gazed into each other's eyes, as though nobody else was around not even their children. Archie danced with his sisters, Jessica smiled brightly at them, it seemed that Sirius had accepted Fred as Rhea's boyfriend, being friendly with him.

"If you'd all like to make way on the dance floor, it's time for William and Fleur's first dance as husband and wife,"

Jessica held Archie, Mary and Anna close to her so they didn't interrupt the dance. Charlie snaked his arm around her waist, smiling down at her as they watched the newlyweds. The happiness in Bill's eyes made his scars unnoticeable.

Jessica looked around many people were laughing and cheerful, the atmosphere soothed her worries, she saw the Potters and the Black. While their wives were chatting, with their friends, McKinnon and Meadowes. James and Sirius were seen laughing with Remus Lupin, this wedding was what everyone needed to take their minds off things.

Charlie looked around as River's hackles stood up, she was growling too. Luckily, Jessica couldn't hear her, Charlie kept a close eye on everyone, there was something here that River didn't like. She was a very friendly and playful dog who rarely showed any signs of aggression, that fact that she was worried even Charlie's mind.

A blue orb flew through the sky, landing in the centre of the dance many people moved aside. 'The Ministry has fallen, the Minister for Magic is dead, they are coming, they are coming'. People began to run in fear, Charlie lifted Mary and Anna up, Jessica took Archie they ran.

A death eater apparated in front of Jessica, he pointed his wand at her. He was blasted to the other side, she turned to see Molly. She hurried Jessica away, while she searched for Ginny, Jessica hurried outside, Charlie was waiting for her, he grabbed his back, hurrying in the long grass.

"Quickly inside," Jessica listen, he handed her Anna and Mary, "I'll be back soon I promise," a few animals hurried out of the bag, following Charlie. She held her children closely, trying her best attempted to soothe their cries, Jess wanted to help she knew that her son and daughters needed her more.