Chapter 12

Morning Jessica,

I decided to take the Fwoopers to the colony to release them, I should be back around 10:00 am

Charlie.

Jessica read the letter Charlie had left her, she glanced at her the clock in their room. Which read 9:30 am, Jessica sighed they were supposed to go together. 'Maybe he regretted kissing me'. Jessica got dressed for the day, heading downstairs praying that Charlie would come back early so she wasn't stuck with his family.

The Weasley's were perfectly nice people, but Jessica had a horrible pit in her stomach. As though the whole family knew about there kiss, especially when his twin brothers were watching them. She took a deep breath walking downstairs.

"Morning dear, we're going to the beach, do you want to join us?" Molly asked, Jessica rubbed her arm, trying to think of a good enough excuse.

"I was going to wait for Charlie to come back," Jessica said, hoping Mrs Weasley would understand.

"That's alright we'll tell Charlie to meet us there," Arthur said, Jessica weakly smiled at them, not seeing any way out of this.

"It'll be fun," Ginny said, hooked her arm with Jessica's

"I guess it will be fun," Jessica said smiling at them, she hurried back upstairs to change into a bikini. She put on a shirt and a pair of short shorts.

Jessica headed to the beach with Charlie's family. Charlie's youngest brother Ron was being teased by the twins Fred and George, Ginny hurried to the beach pulling Jessica with her. Fred and George dragged their brother Percy into the ocean. He shoved them, hurrying out to the sea, ringing his shirt out. Sitting in the shade away, while everyone else enjoyed the sun.

Charlie spent longer at the colony than he needed too, he couldn't stop thinking about Jessica. All the feelings he had felt were confirmed the second his lips touched hers, last night proved he wanted something more with her. Charlie needed a way to show her that he wanted something more.

'I could ask her on a date' he thought, as he made his way to the beach. 'No, she wouldn't go for that' he reached the beach and could see his family as clear as day. He saw Jessica sunbathing on the beach with her headphones on listening to her music.

"Charlie how'd it go," Ginny asked, sitting up on her beach towel, Jessica removed her sunglasses, smiling up at Charlie.

"It was fine Gin, I think they're going to be very happy here," Charlie said, sitting on the sand next to Jessica, he laid back resting his eyes for a second.

Ginny had a mischievous smile on her face, she nudged Jessica's arm. Jessica and Ginny poured sand on Charlie burying him in the sand. They laughed quietly so he didn't wake up, but the weight of the sand weighed on his chest woke him up, he struggled to get up.

Jessica ran away from him laughing loudly. Charlie chased after her, once he caught her, he threw Jessica over his shoulder, he ran towards the ocean throwing her in. Charlie laughed, Jessica coughed and appeared to be in a struggle.

"Charlie, I can't swim!" she called, struggling to keep above the water.

Charlie ran into the sea, swimming towards her. He grabbed her holding her up, She dunked him under the water, laughing at him. Charlie emerged from the water.

"You didn't just do that," Jessica laughed swimming away from him, Charlie grabbed her ankle pulling her towards him.

Jessica was pressed up against him, she realised Charlie was gazing at her. Jessica bit her lip, looking up at Charlie, she leaned up to kiss him, before their lips touch Jessica felt something on her foot.

"Ahh," she jumped into Charlie's arms "Something touched my foot, something touched my foot," Jessica shrieked, Charlie put her down chuckling at her.

"Don't panic I'll take a look," Charlie said, he held his breath, going underwater. He came back up slicking his hair back,

"It was only seaweed," Charlie said, throwing it over his shoulder.

"Oh, thank god, I thought it was a fish," Jessica said, holding her chest with relief.

Charlie looked back to the shore at his family, Fred and George were sneaking up on Ron, Percy sat reading in shade, his mum and dad lounged on the sunbeds relaxing, while Ginny was building sandcastles. He turned back to Jessica smiling at her.

"Would you like to go out with me tonight," Charlie asked, Jessica eyed him up and down

"Like a date?" Jessica asked, Charlie shrugged his shoulders

"Yeah, I like you," Charlie said, Jessica smiled at him "So Jessica would you like to go on a date with me?"

"Yeah, I'd like that," Jessica told him, Charlie smiled at her pulling her closer for a hug.

"On one condition," Jessica said holding up her finger, Charlie pulled away from her.

"What?" he asked

"That you call me Jess," She told Charlie smiling at him, Charlie leaned down placing a quick kiss on her lips.

"Get a room!" Fred shouted out to them. Jessica tried to hold back a laugh.

Jessica couldn't help but smile, Charlie had asked her out on a date. Even if Egypt was the most usual place for a first date, it was certainly going to be romantic in a different country.