Chapter 35

A week went by and the terror amongst the wizarding society was real, Death Eaters conjured the dark mark in the sky at the Quidditch world cup. Many believe him to be dead, Molly and Arthur had contacted Professor Dumbledore, in regards to Fred, George, Ron and Ginny's safety, if they were to return to Hogwarts.

Albus Dumbledore assured all parents and guardians that precautions had been taken to ensure the safety of all Hogwarts students and staff. Charlie had been persuaded to head back to Romania, by Molly. Who insisted he and Jessica take little Archie away from all this.

Jessica thought Charlie would have wanted to stay in England with his family. However, he agreed with his mother it was probably best that he and Jessica attempt to get Archie to use to the surroundings of the sanctuary. Become accustomed to sleeping with the loud roars and snarls of the animals that laid outside.

"Don't forget to owl us every time this little guy, does anything new," Molly said

Molly poked Archie's belly, as Jessica smiled as she wrapped Archie in a blanket, cradling him while Charlie picked up their bags, Arthur walked outside with Charlie and Jessica he embraced Jessica, he threw his arm over Charlie's shoulder, whispering to him so Molly didn't hear.

"I'll keep you informed on everything here,"

"Thanks, Dad,"

Charlie and Jessica were nervous about taking care of Archie on their own at the sanctuary. They had become accustomed to Molly and Arthur helping them. Taking care of Archie as well as the animals would definitely be a challenge for Charlie.

***

Once they reached the sanctuary, Archie was startled awake, by loud shrieks from the animals, Charlie took him from Jess to help comfort him. Mrs Winters opened the door hurrying over to see the newest little Weasley, bigger animals hurried out from behind her.

The dog ran towards Jessica who immediately knelt down to greet the bigger dog. River had grown a lot since Jessica last saw her, fully grown know she was a beautiful dog. Though she still appeared very much puppy-like. River cautiously approached Charlie.

He had something new?

River stood on her hind legs trying to sniff Archie, Charlie bent down. While Jessica was nervous about how River would react to the baby. Charlie knew River well enough to know she wouldn't hurt him, River sniffed Archie's face, making him sneeze.

River then ran around in circles excitedly as she liked the baby. Jessica took Archie inside, followed by River while Mrs Winters showed Charlie the two Wampus cubs that had been transferred to the sanctuary. Charlie had worked with Wampus Cats before, however, they were much older and more aggressive.

Jessica meanwhile took Archie around his new home, showing him little things around the sanctuary, like his nursery. That Charlie helped to make with her father, his many stuffed animals, from friends and family, nearly a dozen blankets knitted by Mrs Weasley.

Archie began to get a little restless, Jessica attempted to get him to sleep, though with the noise outside that was proving to be difficult. Then she had an idea, she carried Archie into Charlie and Jessica's room. River slipped through the door, as Jessica closed it.

Jessica took out her wand, pointing it to the door, casting 'silencio' which muffled all the noise from outside the room. Archie seemed to settle a little faster once the animal noises had quietened down. Jessica rocked Archie to sleep laying him down between two pillows, Jessica laid next to him herself drifting off to sleep.

Mrs Winters had filled Charlie in about everything the magizoologist said regarding the two Wampus cubs. Their mother had presumably been killed by another Wampus Cat or suffered an accident. As it was most unusual for a female Wampus to leave her cubs for long periods of time.

"They're still really young, judging from their teeth, they're still sulking milk," Charlie said,

"What would you like me to do?" Mrs Winters asked, Charlie thought for a moment, they couldn't be fed with meat yet and he didn't want to have to bottle feed them.

"Check the other Wampus cats we have, see if any could be possible surrogates," Charlie told her, Mrs Winters noted down on her notepad Charlie's instructions.

"And what if there isn't any?" she asked

"Then, someone will have to bottle feed them, they're already unweight as it is," Charlie said, he gazed at the cubs, they were so little even for their age they were small. It must have been a while since they were last fed.

"I'll get right on it, we have four females, I'm sure one of them, would be a suitable surrogate for the cubs," Mrs Winters said, hurrying towards the Wampus enclosures.

Charlie headed back towards the building, to look through Mrs Winters workload, to see what he had missed and could help with. There was a letter on the table, with a Hogwarts seal on the back, Charlie assumed it was about Buckbeak.

Dear Mr Weasley,

I'm pleased to announce that Hogwarts has been chosen to host the Triwizard Tournament and because of your achievements with your work. I'd like to ask for your assistance with one of the tasks, which will involve Dragons. Inside the envelope, I placed a document of the requirements needed.

Please Owl me when you can.

Professor Albus Dumbledore

Charlie closed the letter, he just wanted to settle down and do nothing for change, he would answer Dumbledore in the morning. He saw the bags still sat by the door, he took them upstairs, upon opening his door he smiled. Laid on his bed, were Jessica with her arm around Archie and River laid at their feet. He lightly put the bag down taking a camera from his draw, quietly to not wake them.

He just had to capture this moment, of his little family.