Chapter 38

Charlie stayed true to his word planning to teach Jessica some defensive spells, while they were still at Hogwarts, Charlie had spoken with Professor Dumbledore. He gave Charlie permission to use the Duelling stage, while the students were in their classes.

"It's no use, Charlie,"

"Not with that attitude, Dumbledore said we only have an hour," Charlie told her, "come on, try once more," Jessica sighed drawing her wand, she fired a hex at Charlie though she barely touched him.

"Can we just stop now, I'm starting to feel like a failure," she said, Charlie nodded

"You just need to practice, I was never a master of duelling-

"Says the guy who was duelling champion at in 6th year,"

"I had Bill to help me practise, that's all you need practice," Charlie told her, Jessica nodded

Charlie and Jessica's time was up they now had to prepare for the first task with the dragons. Jessica stayed in the stands with Archie and Katherine, though she was a little apprehensive about being so close to the dragons, while Archie was with her. Charlie reassured her that they would be chained to the floor so they couldn't fly away, but they could still move around.

Charlie were most concerned about Suri; the Hungarian Horntail, she was really aggressive when provoked. Charlie hoped that the chains would be strong enough to hold her. Charlie worried, even more, when he found out Harry Potter had the Hungarian Horntail.

Harry was the youngest in the Triwizard Tournament, only being 14-years-old. Having Suri would prove to be a big challenge in itself. Charlie had a broomstick with him, just in case one of the dragons broke free, Jessica watched as the first three participants had completed their task each collecting the egg the dragons were assigned to protect.

Charlie kept an eye on Suri more than Harry, she was a sneaky dragon that often outsmarted Charlie. Harry had summoned a broom, to help him retrieve the egg, which only encouraged Suri to attempt flying. Charlie mounted his broom, just in case.

As Harry retrieved his egg, Suri broke free of her chains, chasing after Harry, Charlie chased after her. Jessica didn't want Charlie to go alone, she handed Archie to Katherine. She raced through the crowd finding an old broom she mounted the brooms, flying after Charlie.

***

"Suri!" Charlie shouted trying to get her attention, however, she was too focused on catching Harry.

Harry managed to lose her, as she and Harry went down after hitting the bridge. Charlie raced down to see if Suri was alright, Harry had flown back towards the stadium. Charlie hoped off his broom, approaching Suri cautiously, she roared at him.

"Hey! Loudmouth, I told you one thing behave," he said, Suri growled at him, "how hard is that?" Suri breathed fire at him, Charlie hid behind a rock

"Oi was that necessary," he shouted to the dragon, "I raised you from an egg, you daft thing, what you trying to hurt me for,"

"Charlie!" Jessica said, she jumped down off her broom, Suri breathed fired at her.

"Protego!" Jessica cast successfully shielding herself from the Dragon's fire.

"Ooh, that was naughty," Charlie said, holding his wand up to Suri, "now calm yourself down, or I will,"

Suri gave him a low grumble in response, she laid down on the floor. Charlie held his hand out for Jessica, she held his hand as they walked slowly towards Suri. Charlie lifted Jessica onto Suri back, Charlie instructed Suri to fly back to the forbidden forest where she could calm down.

Charlie settled Suri back in her cage he checked on the other dragons, Katherine hurried to Jessica with a screaming Archie. Jessica took him settling him down, Katherine told her Archie had been crying every since Jessica handed him to her.

"Is everyone alright?" Katherine asked

"Yes, Charlie managed to calm the dragon, is Harry okay?"

"Yes, his brooms damaged, but he'll live another day," Katherine said,

"Good, you should get back, it's been great seeing you Kat," Jessica wrapped her free arm around Katherin pulling her close to her for a hug.

"I mean it, come and see in Romania, you'll love it," Jessica warned her,

"I'm sure I will," Katherine said, looking over at Charlie, "Bye Charlie!"

"It's been great meeting you, Katherine!" Charlie shouted back.

Once Charlie had calmed the dragons down enough he let Hagrid say goodbye to them, the gamekeeper sniffled as he wouldn't get to see them again. After Hagrid left, Charlie guided the dragons back into his backpack, he and Suri had made up, Jessica found their bond strange.

He spoke to the dragon as though Suri understood him, and Suri reacted as though she knew what he was saying. Charlie lounged on the bed after a long day, Jessica settled Archie down for the night, climbing into bed, she snuggled with Charlie, he kissed her forehead, pulling her closer to him.

Jessica leaned up to kiss him, Charlie rolled her over, laying on top of her, kissing her lazily. Jessica giggled as he grazed her neck, Charlie shhed her so they didn't wake Archie, Charlie still couldn't believe Jessica came after him. Knowing full well that there was a dragon with a bad temper with him.

"I just realised something," Charlie said, pulling away for a moment,

"And what might that be?" Jessica said,

"You did a spell and it actually managed to block Suri's flames,"

"Oh my god, I did, I was petrified though,"

"You seem to be able to do defensive spells when you're scared or threatened, I know how I can teach you,"