Forgotten

1 week later.

Clary's mom had gone missing, Clary was injured and was unconscious for three days, because of demon venom. When Freya had heard about what had happened to Clary her heart sank. She almost felt responsible.
But she was worried about her father. He had disappeared. Luke had apparently gone a-wall. Her life was a mess. She felt lost, abandoned and forgotten. Everything was centred around finding Jocelyn. Freya loved Jocelyn, she was like the mother she had never had. But she couldn't help but just feel no one was trying to help her with finding her father. Jace's attention seemed to be focused on Clary.

However, what was odd was when Clary asked Jace for help, Jace would always look Freya directly in the eyes and ask, 'is that what you want?'.
He was honestly one of the most confusing human beings she had ever met.
Or maybe she was just oblivious to something obvious? She couldn't tell if she was overacting or not.
Isabelle and Freya, were mutual friends. However, Isabelle and Clary were closer. Alec Lightwood seemed to hold some kind of grudge against Freya. She hadn't done anything, or even recalled ever talking to him.
The person she wanted to talk to this most about this the most, was a 'mundane', and wasn't allowed in the institute. Freya missed Simon, although she was closer to Clary, things hadn't felt the same since Clary had arrived at the institute. Freya would mainly stay in her room avoiding everyone, to be honest her and Clary barely ever talked since she'd arrived.
"Freya", it was Jace.
"Yes", she responded.
"I just wanted to let you know we're going on a mission later today", he said.
"Did Clary tell you about Magnus Bane potentially being able to help her with her memories?", he asked.
Magnus who? Clary hadn't said anything.
"That's a weird name", Freya said.
"Did she tell you?", Jace repeated.
"I mean Magnus Bane? Kind of theatrical", she responded.
Jace started to tap his feet, getting impatient.
"Did she-", Jace said.
"Tell you?", he added.
"No, sadly Clarissa Fairchild has other priorities", she said.
"Are you sure you want us all to go?", Jace responded.
"Why would you care what I want, trust me I want a lot of things", she responded.
He seemed speechless.
"I just wanted to know", he huffed.
"Clary, Clary, Clary, everything is centred around her, don't get me wrong, she's my best friend, but no one has asked me about what I actually want, or have given a damn to ask how I feel. My father is missing. Half the people I thought I could trust, are not who I thought they were. Clary is too busy in her own personal melodrama to acknowledge my existence. And Simon is just Simon", she responded.
"You should've said this before I told Isabelle and Clary to get ready, Isabelle will be pissed", he said.
"Don't let me stop your plans, do whatever you want, and I'll just deal with my own problems", Freya replied.
"You don't get it, do you!", Jace shrieked. Freya flinched, caught off guard by his apparent frustration.
"Everything I've done for Clary, it's because I thought it's what you've wanted", he added.
"Why do you care?", she asked nonchalantly.
That seemed to annoy him even more.
"I honestly don't know", he said.
"Why I bother", he spat out.
"Then don't. You're all worried about the mortal cup, that's your top priority, don't worry about me, honestly", she added, rolling her eyes.
"You're my priority!", he shrieked.
What? Freya was Jace's what now?
Before Freya could say anything, Jace stormed out of her room like a caveman.
1 hour later, Isabelle and Clary appeared, both clearly irritated.
"What did you say to Jace?", Isabelle asked.
"Nothing", she replied.
"He's said he's not going with us to Magnus' place", Isabelle added.
"And that got anything to do with me because?", Freya added.
"Frey, I know I haven't seen you much lately, but you know why, I need to meet with Magnus, he might be able to help me", Clary said.
"I don't know what you think I can do", Freya said.
"Talk to Jace, for me Frey", Clary asked with pleading eyes.
"Look, I don't know what you think I can do, but sure", Freya responded.
                         ***
Freya knocked on Jace's door. Was he seriously having a temper tantrum?
Jace opened his door.
"Freya", he said.
"Jace, can I talk to you?",Freya asked.
"Sure", he said, widening his door.
"Look, alright, Clary is one of my closest friends, and she needs your help", Freya said.
"Alright", Jace replied.
"If it's really what you want, you'll go as well", Jace said.
"I'll go", Freya huffed, before storming off.
                             ***
Isabelle was fussing with Freya's hair. She ended up straightening it. Freya's hair was a deep dark brown- almost black colour, but it was very long, it reached past her waist (usually an indication she needed to cut her hair very soon).
Isabelle handed Freya, a deep red wine coloured tight dress. Freya slipped it on and groaned.

She hadn't worn a dress or a skirt, or anything remotely girly since 5th grade. She hated dresses. Hated them. The dress Isabelle had given her barely brushed the top of her thighs.

"Nope, absolutely not", Freya said.
"It looks good on you", Isabelle said.
"Nope", Freya insisted.
"I have only one pair of fishnets, and Clary's already wearing them", Isabelle pointed out.
"Fine", Freya huffed.
Isabelle gave Freya plain patent heels, and Freya put them on. They were gorgeous, an Italian make. Freya noticed Isabelle staring at her questionably.
"Don't mind me, I just like these shoes", Freya said.
"I thought you would hate them", Isabelle said.
"I don't hate heels, I hate wearing dresses", Freya said.
"You've got curves, why not show them off?", Isabelle said.
"Oh well", Freya said shrugging.
Isabelle was doing Clary's hair and makeup. Freya refused to wear any makeup, but Isabelle insisted she would at least wear mascara and some lipgloss.

When they went to go meet up with Jace, Alec, and Simon, she noticed Jace's eyes widening.

He was looking at Freya, like no one else was in the room. He walked to stand directly in front of her. He tucked a loose strand of Freya's outgrown fringe behind her ear, and brushed her cheekbone with his fingers and whispered 'you look beautiful', before walking away. Freya noticed Clary's eyes narrow.
"It's you and Isabelle who are the best dressed", Freya said, smiling at Clary.
"Oh, stop it Freya, you look gorgeous", Clary said, before dragging Freya towards Simon.
Simon's cheeks flushed, when he saw Clary.
"Freya, in a dress, I never thought that would happen ever again since 5th grade", Simon said.
"Thanks, I appreciate the compliment", Freya huffed.
"Your dress is so short, Clary", Simon said.
Clary instantly pulled her dress down.
"And mines not", Freya said, arching her eyebrow.
"Very short", Jace said, smirking.
"Incredibly short", Freya replied.
"Extremely short", Jace responded smiling.
"Alright, let's go", Alec announced.