The greenhouse

Jace had brought Freya to the institute greenhouse. It smelt earthy, fresh. There were different flowers, in different shapes and sizes. Different colours and scents. It was overwhelming, but in a good way.
"It's beautiful", Freya said.
"I knew you'd like it", Jace muttered under his breath.
"I love it", Freya said.
She sat down on a chair opposite Jace. He was glaring at Freya, hesitantly, then he drew out a brown paper bag. He took out two sandwiches.
"I make mean cheese sandwiches", he said.
"Right", she said.
She slowly nibbled at her sandwich, it was pretty good.
Jace was staring at her eating her food, staring at everything she was doing.
"Stop ogling you creep", Freya said.
Jace's gaze didn't break, it intensified. He passed her a piece of apple, his hand was shaking.
"Jace are you alright?", she asked, reaching for his hand and holding it.
"Jace..", Freya repeated.
She intertwined her fingers with his and squeezed his hand. He seemed to instantly return back to reality.
"I was just thinking about how it's, it's my fault you're injured", Jace said.
Freya felt an agonising pain deeply rooted in her heart. It wasn't his fault. It wasn't anyone's fault.
"No, Jace it's not your fault", Freya said.
"I kissed you, that was my fault", he admitted.
"I", Freya didn't know what to say.
"I don't know how I feel, you drive me crazy Jace, literally, crazy. I- when you're around me I feel comfortable, like I can be myself and you won't judge me", Freya blurted out. Her checks started to flare bright red.
Jace leaned in and kissed her. She didn't pull away this time.
Jace broke their kiss and started panting, his lips were swollen and red.
There was a long awkward silence, till Freya broke it.
"I'm going to go now..", before she could finish her sentence, Jace kissed her again. Till they heard something move. It was hodge's bird.
"We've got some company", Jace said.
He reached for her hand, and lead her out of the greenhouse.
They both stopped in front of Jace's bedroom. Whilst Jace was unlocking it, Simon walked past.
"Seriously, Freya, first Clary's obsession with this asshole, and now you", Simon said.
"Clary?", Freya asked.
"She likes him, and thinks he likes her", Simon said.
"You're mad, I know I'm very charming but I only am interested in one of your 'friends', and they're right in front of me", Jace said.
"Jace... what the actual", before she could say anything Jace leaned in and kissed her again. Before gently pulling her into his room and locking the door. They kissed for what seemed like hours.
"What was that about?", Freya asked.
"Simon likes, no loves you and Clary", Jace said.
"He... he's my best friend", Freya said.
"Who am I to you?", Jace asked.
Before she could answer, there was a knock at Jace's door. It was Clary.
"Freya, your ex, Chris is acting like a complete psycho", Clary said.
"Who?", Jace asked.
"Simon said he's going around Brooklyn demanding to find out where you are, Simon told him about the shadow world, and well....", Clary said.
"Of course Simon told whoever this Chris person is about the shadow world", Jace said.
"He's says if he doesn't see you safe and breathing he will proclaim to the whole of Brooklyn you're missing", Clary said.
"I always date the wrong people, honestly some guys are idiots, just because I kiss you doesn't mean you mean anything to me", Freya said, rolling her eyes.
Jace seemed to flinch at her words.
"I'm going to kill Simon", Freya added.
"Freya, he didn't mean..", before Clary could finish her sentence Jace brushed his lips against hers. He threw Freya a defensive glare, and Freya felt she had never wanted to punch anyone as badly and she wanted to punch him in this moment.
Clary's eyes were bulging, as she also registered Freya's swollen lips.
"As I said about using people, that's just how I operate", Freya said.
"Tell Simon I would love to meet Chris, maybe Paul, Alex, Nate, Frank, Harry, James, John, Robert, Aidan, Jaden, Noah, Jake, Brad and Logan, can come as well?", Freya said, before storming off in the opposite direction.