The truth hurts

Freya woke up, she felt someone's arms tightly wrapped around her waist. It was Jace.
Freya gently wriggled out of his grip, and tiptoed to her bathroom.
She splashed her face with water, and ran a brush through her hair, and braided it.
By the time she opened the door, Jace was wide awake. His mesmerising eyes instantly fixed on Freya.
"Any reason you decided not to wake me up?", Jace asked, arching his brow.
"Maybe", Freya said.
"Who said you could sleep in my room?", Freya asked.
"24 hour surveillance, and I don't think Alec or Isabelle would have appreciated it if I woke them up at 3 am, when you fell asleep", Jace said.
Freya shrugged and shook her head.
"Whatever", she said.

She walked towards the pile of clothes Isabelle had leant her. She pulled out a tight black jumper, black skinny jeans, and a leather jacket.
She was about to walk towards the bathroom to get changed, till she felt Jace's arms snake around her waist.

"You don't need to get changed in there", Jace said whilst pointing at the bathroom door.
Freya pulled away from Jace.
"Shut up, you creep", Freya said.
Before quickly running towards the bathroom and shutting the door.
She was almost changed, till the door clicked open.
Jace stood, staring at Freya.
"Stop gawping", Freya said, whilst pulling the jumper over her head.
Jace was blushing? Blushing?
He walked towards Freya and leaned in and kissed her on the forehead.
"You are.... so beautiful", he said.
"And so are you", Freya replied.
She leaned in and kissed him on the cheek, before exiting her room.

Freya opened her door, and an annoyed Clary, stood there impatiently tapping her foot, and looking everywhere, but at Freya.
"Clary, can I help you?", Freya asked.
"I'm here to talk to Jace", Clary said.
She sashayed past Freya, and hastily brushed past her.
***
"Jace, can I talk to...", Clary said, stopping in her tracks.
He was sprayed across Freya's bed. Shirtless, and wearing nothing but boxers.
"Frey...", Jace said.
He instantly pulled the sheets to cover himself, when he saw Clary.
"I wanted to talk to you", Clary said.
"About?", Jace snapped.
"You kissed me yesterday... and well", Clary said.
"I barely kissed you, compared to what me and Freya...", Jace said.
"Look, Clary....it will always be her.... sorry if I sent the wrong message", Jace said.
"Always be who, and why are you in here?", Clary asked.
"That's between me and Frey", Jace said.
"Her name is Freya. And you don't know anything about her... trust me...", Clary said.
"I know her better than anybody else", Clary said.
"In know her enough to know, this is not what she needs right now, she doesn't need you", Clary said.
"When Freya's been upset, lost, scared, grieving, I've been there, you're her best friend, I'm a stranger compared to you, and yet, I've been there for her, when you've failed to", Jace said.
"You were too caught in your own personal melodrama to even recognise your so called 'best friend' was in pain", Jace said.
"I recommend you stay away from her Clary. It's her who doesn't need you", Jace spat out.
Clary turned on her heel, and stormed off. She felt the hot, burning tears trickle down her face. And she heard Jace's voice repeat "stay away", over and over again in her head
Jace loved Freya, clearly not Clary. That's what hurt Clary the most.
***
Freya had been trying to find Clary everywhere. She had disappeared. She finally decided to head back to her room.
Jace was sprawled across her bed, practically naked.
Freya's eyes widened. She saw Jace's muscles contract, and she started to blush.
"Frey..", Jace said.
Freya walked towards her bed, and sat at the foot of it.
"Put a shirt on", Freya said.
"Nope", he said.
He looped his arms around her neck and kissed her.
He hovered over Freya and smiled.
His hand crept under Freya's shirt.
"Jace... are you... really", Freya asked.
"Being serious", she added.
"Deadly", Jace whispered.
He pulled Freya's shirt over her head.
His eyes bulged.
****
Freya's door suddenly burst open. A frantic Simon, glaring at her and Jace, with immense hatred.
"Why is Clary not talking to me?", Simon asked.
Freya and Jace where both staring at each other. Then they both looked at Simon.
"I don't know", Freya said.
"Look, something is wrong, can you focus on not f*cking every boy you lay eyes on, just for once!", Simon said.
"It's always, Clary, Clary, Clary! Never, how is Freya doing! Simon, it's always about Clary! I didn't talk to you and Clary for two weeks, and you both didn't even bat an eyelash.... but Clary goes quiet for less than one hour, and it's instantly my fault", Freya screamed.
Simon flinched. Jace was already blocking Simon's view of Freya, and he looked like he was about to punch him any minute.
"No... it's always been about you Freya....", Simon said.
"Bull", Freya spat.
"What did you say to Clary?", Simon asked whilst staring directly at Jace.
"I told her that she hasn't been there for Freya", Jace said.
"Good! He stated the obvious", Freya said.
"I also, told her to stay away from her", Jace added.
"You what?", Freya said.
"You heard me", Jace said.
"Clary was right about you? You see Freya!", Simon said.
"You know what! You and Clary can both stay away from me! I'm sick of all of this, constantly arguing because I fell in love with a boy Clary claims she has a crush on", Freya said.
The room fell silent.
"You what?", Jace said.
"I don't make exceptions, especially when it comes to boys... but... but... I love you Jace Wayland", Freya said.
"You...love me..", Jace asked.
"Freya, Jace, Simon", it was Isabelle.
"We found a note on the front door step, signed by valentine", Isabelle added.