Impending Silence

"He.... valentine killed my father", Freya said.
Everyone was staring at Freya, sympathy present in their eyes.
"If I don't give him the mortal cup, I'm next", Freya said.

Her eyes were watering, and she felt dizzy. She thought the room was swirling, then she collapsed.
Jace caught Freya, and whispered, 'he won't get near you'. Freya slowly stood up.
"How do you know? We can't predict the future? I could die any day, any time", Freya said.
"Don't say that to me!", Jace screamed.

Freya furrowed her eyebrows, and slowly headed for the staircase. She had a pounding headache, and she was not in a mood to deal with Jace's mood swings. Or unnecessary screaming.
She swung her door open, and she fell to her bed, and started to sob.
She heard someone's footsteps, and she turned around.
It was Alec.

"What do you want?", Freya asked.
"You could always just leave, you know, it would be easier for you", Alec said.
"Why would I do that?", Freya asked. She was not in a mood, and Alec was already getting on her last nerve.
"Well...", Alec continued.
"It's sad...", Freya said.
"What?", Alec asked incredulously.
"That you never admit your feelings for Jace, I'm not being spiteful... I'm just saying...", before Freya could finish her sentence, Alec hauled her from her bed, and shoved her against the wall.
"Look...", Freya said.
"Don't you dare.. say anything like that to me again!", Alec roared.
He banged his hand on the wall, and Freya flinched.
Alec pushed Freya, and Freya hit the floor, hard.
She heard a crack in her elbow, and blood started to gush out of her arm.
The door suddenly burst open, and a worried Jace rushed towards Freya, not acknowledging Alec.
"Frey...", Jace said.
He drew a healing runes on her arm, and the wound closed.
Jace looked at his parabatai and shock was plastered on Alec's face.
Jace punched Alec in the jaw, with so much force, Alec flew across the room.
Alec quickly stood up.
"Freya.... look I'm sorry... I don't have feelings for Jace, I told you to leave, because I care about you", Alec said.
"It's you who I have feelings for", he added.
Freya groaned, but slowly stood up. Jace already looped his arms around Freya's waist to steady her.
Alec had already left the room and Jace looked frightened.
"You like him, don't you", Jace said.
"No, I love you Jace Wayland", Freya said.
Jace looked reassured but, worry still clouded his expression.
****
Alec's POV
What happens when someone you are in love with, doesn't feel the same way?
That's what had been circulating in Alec's head, since he had met Freya. He had treated her like sh*t because he hated that he loved her. He hated he fell in love with her.
His parabatai loved her.
His thoughts were always consumed by Freya. Her beautiful smile. Her bright blue eyes. Her long enchanting hair.
He was lost and heartbroken. He had finally told her how he felt, and she rejected him.
What hurt most is that he had hurt her. He had hurt her.
He hated himself for what he had done.
He needed to set things right with her. He just had to.
Alec knocked on her door. He didn't hear a response, so he slowly opened the door.
Jace was cradling a sobbing Freya.
***
Jace's POV
Jace was worried. Worried about Valentine's threat, worried about his parabatai. And worried about Freya.
Jace knew his parabatai loved Freya. He knew Alec loved her. He could feel it in their parabatai bond.
He was cradling a sobbing Freya. It had been a long day, and she needed Jace.
Jace swore to himself, he would always be there for her, whenever she needed him.
"It's ok Frey", Jace said.
Jace glanced at the door, and saw it wide open, with a worried Alec running his hands through his hair.
"Can I talk to her?", Alec asked.
"Yes, you can", Freya said.
"Frey... look", Jace said.
"It's fine", she said whilst sitting up.
Jace slowly left the room and closed the door. He stood outside to hear what Alec had to say.
***
"Alec, I didn't mean to say anything, it's just been a long day", Freya said softly.
"It's fine", Alec said.
"I'm sorry for hurting you... I didn't mean..", Alec said.
"I know", Freya said.
"No. How are you not mad at me?", Alec asked.
"Because I'm just not, look, I know how it feels to hide how you truly feel, trust me... don't hate yourself... don't blame yourself, we can't control how we feel", Freya said.
"How can you say that! I hurt you", Alec screamed.
"Alec, I forgive you, you're giving me a headache with your unnecessary screaming, what is it with boys always shouting at me", Freya said whilst smirking.
"Mr lightwood, you may speak", Freya said mockingly.
"Freya, I know I have acted..", he said.
"Like an asshole", Freya said.
"I care.. about you", Alec said, before getting up and leaving.