Hotel Dumort

After the ever so helpful Magnus Bane told Freya, Jace and Clary where the vampires hide out was, they all seemed to be heading towards a church.
Freya was expressionless and quiet the entire time. Clary, as usual was asking countless questions. They were halfway to the hotel according to Jace. He was walking beside Clary, they were both in front of Freya. Freya noticed the way Clary looked at Jace. In admiration and awe. Jace looked at Freya like nothing else mattered but her. When he looked at Clary, it looked like out of annoyance or frustration, or potentially both.
Freya had never confronted her feelings about Jace. But she was certain she liked him. Or did she? Or didn't she? Great, she thought. Another reason her life was a mess: not being able to know how she felt about Jace. Or even how he felt about her.
Too many emotions were hitting her at once; grief, hurt, loss, compassion, love. She must've been crying because she sensed Jace's presence immediately.
"Calm down, Frey..breathe", Jace said calmly. He intertwined his fingers with hers, and wiped away her tears with his other hand.
"Breathe", he repeated.
Freya took a deep breath and instantly felt more calm. Jace looked at Freya with what looked like fear.
"Frey", he said. He leaned in and gently kissed her on the forehead.
"I'm here for you, alright", Jace said.
"You're not alone, you'll never be alone, not till I breathe my last breath", he said.
Before announcing they were at the hotel. Clary was glaring at Freya, than at Jace questionably.
"What did he say?", Clary asked.
"It doesn't matter", Freya responded.
"Seriously, what did he say?", Clary asked.
"Drop it", Freya said.
"Frey... if he- he said something that hurt you, I'll kill him", Clary said.
Freya knowing Clary had some ulterior motives whispered, "he didn't say anything hurtful", before she walked towards Jace.
Clary and Jace were rattling on about an entrance. Till someone called Raphael appeared out of thin air, claiming to know a way into the hotel. Jace lifted what looked like a grate, and jumped in, he called after Freya, but Clary was instantly rushing to go first. Freya waited patiently, than heard Jace impatiently call her name out in frustration.
"Freya!", Jace called out, she could hear him trying to climb back up.
"I'm coming", she said.
She jumped through the gap and Jace caught her.
"Lets keep moving", Freya suggested, catching the death stare Clary was shooting at her, as she saw Jace still had his arms wrapped around Freya's waist.

10 minutes later.

It turned out that Raphael was a vampire. Freya, Jace, and Clary were sprinting to the rooftop.
"The bikes", Jace said.
"Clary, you should use your own bike, three is a crowd", he said sarcastically.
"I'll use my own", Freya suggested.
"No", Jace said adamantly. Jace had already started up two bikes. He sat on a red motorcycle, and Clary sat on a sleek black one.
Freya quickly rushed towards Jace's bike as the door was certainly about to implode.
Freya held onto his weapons belt.
She braced herself, she was suddenly miles high, and so was Clary.
They brushed past sky scrapers, traffic lights. It felt magical.
"It's beautiful", Freya said.
"Not as much as you", Jace said in a sarcastic tone.
"Shut up", Freya said.
The bike suddenly started to jerk.
"Sh*t it's sunlight, these run on demon energy", he said.
Clary's bike started to jerk. Suddenly they were all approaching a car park.
The bike hit a pole and Freya hurtled in mid air. She didn't have time to get into a defensive position. She heard a snap in her leg, and she howled in pain. She saw Clary pacing towards Jace and Simon.
Jace and Simon slowly stood up. Jace was eagerly searching for something. He was looking for Freya, so was Clary and Simon.
She saw Jace quickly run towards her.
"Are you alright?", he asked,
"Not really", she said, she started to taste something coppery in her mouth. Blood.
Jace was inspecting her injuries. He added slight pressure to her leg and she yelped in pain.
"Your leg is broken in 6 places", he said.
"Like I haven't realised, it feels like my leg has been torn off", Freya said.
"I need to carry you, I've lost my stele", he said.
"Simon can", she said.
Jace chuckled.
He slowly picked her up, and cradled her in his arms. She noticed him wincing.
"Your shoulder", she said.
"Your leg", he said.
She rolled her eyes.
                          ***
They arrived at the institute in no time. Isabelle was fussing over Simon, Jace and Freya.
The one thing she hated the most was getting too much attention.
Jace's infirmary bed was directly opposite hers. She noticed him constantly glaring at her.
They had applied different tinctures to her leg, and applied several runes. They let her and Jace leave an hour later.
Freya went up to her room slowly. They had forced her to use crutches, which was irritating.
She had a shower, and changed into a plain black cotton Pyjama set.
She suddenly heard a knock on her door. It was Jace.
"Are you going to sleep?", he asked.
"Don't plan to", Freya said.
Jace instantly burst into her room.
He grabbed her crutches and threw them to the other side of the room. He caught Freya before she could fall, and slowly walked towards her bed. He slowly set her down. Freya stared at him in confusion.
He looked at her in adoration and concern.
He sat beside her. She rested her head on his chest, and he circled his arms around her waist and drew her closer.
Freya started to sob.
He wiped away her tears, and whispered, "I meant what I said, about you never being alone".
She looked at him, his luring gold eyes, the shape of his face, he was hot- and according to Freya, way out of her league.
He leaned in and brushed his lips on Freya's. Freya immediately pulled away, she was unsure of her feelings towards Jace. She couldn't just kiss him, she could, but she just didn't want to. Not yet.
Jace glared at her in confusion, but his eyes instantly turned cold, distant and emotionless.
"Jace-I- it's just", she didn't truly know what to say. What could she say. How about: she's too emotionally disoriented to figure out her exact feelings?
"We're friends", Jace said.
"I shouldn't be here", he added.
He stood up, and was about to exit till he said, "let's get something to eat".
He slowly approached her bed and handed her her crutches.
Freya slowly got up and followed him.