Magnus Bane

Isabelle knocked on Magnus' door, and after a long brief moment the door opened.
"Shadowhunters, I don't recall inviting you", Magnus said.
"I have an invitation", Isabelle insisted.
Magnus snatched the sheet of paper out of her hands, his eyebrows furrowed, his gaze momentarily fixed on Freya- uncertainty and confusion present in his heavily guarded eyes, before glancing at Clary.
"We need to ask some questions", Jace said.
"By the order of the Clave", Jace added.
Magnus nodded, and told Clary, Freya, Alec and Jace to follow him.
"Your father claimed you had the best fighting skills for your age", Magnus said, glaring at Freya.
"My father, is missing", Freya responded.
"So is my mother, Magnus you stole my memories", Clary said abruptly.
"What do you mean 'best fighting skills'?", Freya asked.
"What do you know Magnus?", Clary and Freya asked at the same time.
"I will talk to you in private Freya", Magnus said.
"What about me?", Clary asked.
"Look,Jocelyn came to me when you were an infant, she erased your memory of the shadow world, every  two years she came to me to do a memory wipe", Magnus said.
"You took away my memories?", Clary asked.
"Jocelyn had her reasons and so did Adrian", Magnus said.
"So that's it, you can't give her her memories back", Jace asked, his voice emotionless and distant. As if Clary's issues were the least of his problems.
"No I can't", Magnus said.
"Is there not something you can do?", Freya asked.
Magnus walked towards a shelf and picked up a light green coloured book.
"The grey book", Jace said.
"It's not exactly grey", Clary said.
Jace smirked.
"Look at this rune", Magnus said, pointing at a weird shaped symbol.
Clary looked lost in thought. Magnus suddenly snatched the book back.
"You can't read them all at the same time, you'll get a headache", Magnus said.
"Thank you", Clary said.
"When will she remember anything?", Jace asked, severely uninterested.
"Overtime", Magnus said.
"I need to speak to Freya, I'll escort both of you out", Magnus said.
Jace looked at Magnus as if he were crazy.
"Go", Freya said.
"I won't leave you", Jace said longingly and determinedly.
"He can stay", Magnus said, finally breaking the intensely awkward and weight bearing silence.
Freya nodded, before seeing Clary abruptly exit looking angry, exasperated and annoyed.
"Your father trained you from the age of six to twelve years old, you see you have runes and Clary doesn't.
"When you were thirteen, you had abilities that terrified your father, he begged me to wipe your memory completely and do a coverage spell, your runes would only appear if your father had died", Magnus said.
"No!", Freya screamed, falling to her knees and sobbing. Jace ran towards her and cradled her whilst she sobbed.
"What am I going to do?", Freya asked, her voice breaking.
Jace kissed her on the forehead.
"Don't worry, Frey, don't worry, please, I'm here", Jace said. Freya continued to sob uncontrollably till she heard Clary's voice.
She slowly stood up, and stormed off towards the noise.
"Bitch!", she heard Clary say.
"What's going on?", Freya asked with a shaky voice.
"She let Simon get turned into a rat", Clary said.
"He got cocky and drank a faerie drink, and he turned into a rat", Isabelle corrected.
"I can't do this", Freya said, before running away. She felt like a coward but what did it matter. Her father was gone, forever. Her life was a mess.
Jocelyn was missing. Luke couldn't be trusted. Simon was a rat. And her father was dead. Gone.
Freya stumbled out of Magnus' apartment, and left. Not until someone caught her arm.
"Where are you going?", Jace asked.
"I just can't do this, any of it", Freya said.
"You can, you can, just calm down Frey, please Frey, I'm here", Jace said.
"Calm down! My father is dead, he kept secrets from me because he was scared of my so called 'abilities', do you know how that feels?", Freya said.
"I do. My father was killed in front of me", Jace said.
"I didn't", Freya blurted out.
"It's alright", Jace said.
"I'm such a coward, running away like that...I- my whole life is a supposed lie, I just...", Freya said.
"Don't you dare say you're a coward!", Jace screamed with such ferocity, Freya flinched.
Before Freya could respond Clary, Alec and Isabelle came bursting through the door. Alec carrying a look of disgust towards Freya. What was Alec's issue with her? Right now wasn't the time or place, but her life was already a huge unresolved mess. So what was another issue compared to her ongoing list of grievances?
"What's your problem with me Alec?", Freya said bitterly. She was sick and tired of his standoffish behaviour.
Everybody's eyes widened.
"I don't think..", Jace said.
"You just waltzed into the institute, acting like you belong, you do not belong, you're nothing but a useless,  helpless coward, you're not one of us and will never be one of us", Alec said.
"You're right, that's probably why my father's dead", Freya replied tonelessly.
As soon as those words left her mouth, Jace punched Alec in the face. Bright red blood started to trickle down Alec's face and it stained his plain white shirt.
"Jace!", Isabelle said, before walking towards Alec to see if he was alright.
"You know I'm right Isabelle", Alec said.
"Maybe you are", Freya said.
"She gets it, why can't you?", Alec hissed.
"Say that one more time..", Jace threatened.
"Stop!", Isabelle said.
"Stop! He's your brother Jace, your parabatai, calm down", Isabelle shouted.
Alec and Jace looked taken aback. Jace's eyes quickly lingered on Freya.
"He's right Jace, I don't belong", Freya said. Freya turned around. Jace quickly moved to stand directly in front of her.
"No, don't you get it Freya", Jace said.
"Get what?", Freya asked.
"He's missing!", Clary suddenly shouted.
"Who?", Freya asked.
"Simon, he's missing", Clary said.
"No shit Sherlock, he turned into a goddamn rat", Isabelle said.
"No he's missing, I put him in my bag", Clary said.
Jace walked towards Clary to inspect the bag.
"Someone's torn the zipper", Jace said.
"Great", Freya said flatly.
"Maybe I should turn into a cat, better than a rat", Freya said.
"Freya don't act like this, I know you're hurt, I know how much your father loved you, he would've wanted what's best for you, lets start with finding Simon", Clary said.
"Don't act like what? Clary what? I'm emotionally disconnected half the time, you think you know me so well! I don't even know myself! I feel stuck! Lets not even start with how uptight and judgemental you all are, not everything is about you Clary!
"It's always Stupid Freya, dating the wrong boys, Freya do this do that, do what Clary wants 24/7, news flash Clary, the person I loved most in the world is gone, I have nothing and no one", Freya said.
"And Simon is a goddamn rat! A rat! because stupid Isabelle let that happen, and you have the nerve to question how I'm acting?", Freya added.
Everyone was glaring at her and Clary. Clary's eyes were watering, and her face was red. Jace looked at Freya, concern evident in his eyes.
"I don't hate you Clary, you're like my sister, it's just everything, it's just too much", Freya whispered.
Clary pulled Freya into a tight hug and whispered, "I know Frey, I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry".