I 8 I

Adrien has to change into Cat Noir to leap out the window, because obviously he can't just walk downstairs. 

'So you're okay with me being....Adrien,' Adrien says, sitting on the window sill. 

'What do you mean?' I tilt my head. Adrien shuffles around a bit, glancing out the window. 

'I mean, you don't think it would be easier if I was someone else? Because of Marinette I mean.' 

'I wouldn't want you to be anybody else,' I say simply. 

'But you didn't like-like me before you knew I was Cat Noir,' He protests. 

I laugh. 'You and Cat Noir are the same person. Besides, of course I liked you, it's just it was easier to make myself believe that it wasn't you under the mask. I didn't want to admit that I knew it was you.' 

Cat Noir nods. 'I understand.' 

'Excellent,' I beam. 'See you soon Kitty.' 

He salutes before falling backwards off the window sill and leaping away through the streets. 

'Shit,' I glance at the clock, realizing that I'm now 15 minutes late. I grab the first outfit I see, throwing the clothes on and dashing down the stairs, bag in hand. 

'What took you so long?' Alya asks when I finally get there. Marinette looks like she wants to ask the same question. 

'I had to help Mom with something in the bakery.' I lie. Oh and Cat Noir slept over and he's actually your all time crush, Adrien. The model Adrien. Yep, I'm not going to say that out loud. 

'Oh,' Marinette says. It looks like she actually believes me. Thoroughly relieved, I turn to look at Alya, who has her attention focused on something slightly behind me. 

...

At lunch break, Alya, Marinette and I walk to the fountain to eat our sandwiches. Adrien and Nino appear to have the same idea, as they're currently sitting across from us. 

'Is it just me, or does Adrien look like he did not get his beauty sleep last night?' Alya pokes Marinette. 

She's right, his hair is all ruffled and his clothes are wrinkled. 

'Maybe he forgot to take his clothes to the dry cleaners,' I suggest. 'Or maybe he couldn't sleep.' 

'He still looks perfect to me,' Marinette sighs with happiness. 'Oh, that reminds me. We still need a way to ask him to go to the movies with me.' 

'You look tired too,' Alya points out, glancing at me and completely ignoring Marinette's statement. 

'I'm not tired.' I argue. 'I just didn't sleep that well last night.' 

'Huh,' Alya says, hands on her hips. 'Scared that Pixelator would come back?' 

I scoff. 'Never.' 

'So the plan?' Marinette repeats. 

'Just go over there and ask him,' I sigh. 'I'll come with you.' 

'See you guys in class,' Alya says, waving. 'I have to go back early to hand in my science paper.' 

'Was that due today?' I clap my forehead. 'I totally forgot.' 

'I got you covered,' Marinette hands it to me. 'You left it on your desk yesterday.' 

'Thanks.' I say. 

'Now let's go!' Marinette grabs my hand, half dragging me over. I thought for sure she would be more nervous about this. 

'Hi girls,' Nino smiles once we arrive at our destination. 

'Hey,' We say at the same time. 

'Hi Adrien,' Marinette says nervously. 'I was movies if you would to like go the wondering?' 

I mentally face palm. 

'Sorry, what?' Adrien looks slightly nervous. 

'She's wondering if you would like to go to the movies with her.' I correct. 

'Oh, really?' Adrien locks eyes with me. 

'It sounds purrfect, doesn't it?' I smirk.

'Yeah, I heard there's a great cat movie playing,' Adrien raises an eyebrow. 

'It's supposed to be the cats meow,' I shoot back. 

'Whiskerful,' Marinette sighs. 'I mean, wonderful!' 

'You guys are weird.' Nino says.