I 53 I

Nathalie remains in the doorway for a few seconds as I hurriedly climb off of Adrien. Adrien's cheeks are bright red and I would assume that mine resemble a tomato right now. Her facial expression is unfathomable, and all three of us freeze for a short period of time before Adrien opens his mouth-

'I can explain,' he says dryly, licking his lips and glancing at me. 'Well....uh.' 

'I'm not an adolescent,' Nathalie remarks coldly. 'I know what you were doing.' 

I blink, embarrassed. Tapping my fingers anxiously on the bed, I avoid eye contact with Nathalie. 

'Please don't tell father,' Adrien pleads, his eyes clouding with worry. 'You don't understand how much trouble I would be in.' 

Nathalie's eyebrows raise and her lips purse. 'Of course I understand.' She sighs and her expression softens. 'You know that I care about you and your father very much Adrien.' 

Adrien just looks taken aback, staring right at Nathalie. 'I wouldn't want you two to fight, so I'll just pretend I saw nothing. But if it happens again, I won't hesitate to report you.' She glances at me, the shadow of a smile on her face before turning away and closing the door behind her. 

I glance at Adrien, who looks just as shocked as I am. 

'Did she just-'

'Let us off the hook?' Adrien blinks, surprised. 'I uh-didn't think it would be that easy....' 

I snort. 'Neither did I.' 

'So where were we?' Adrien laughs. 

I roll my eyes. 'You sure are eager. It's not like we haven't seen each other in forever.' I say. 

Adrien stares into my eyes, not breaking eye contact. 'I want to be with you all the time.' He says genuinely. 

'I...I want that too,' I admit. 

'Of course you do,' He smirks, tipping his head. 

'God, you're such a player, Agreste,' I laugh quietly. 'You're almost as much of a player as Cat Noir,' 

'C-Cat Noir?' Adrien stutters. 'You mean the superhero?' 

'No idiot, I mean the black cat that lives in your cupboard-of course I mean the superhero!' 

Adrien laughs. 'I'm way cooler than Cat Noir.' He scoffs. 

I nod. 'You know, I think you've got a crush on Cat Noir,' 

'I'm sorry-what?' Adrien looks astonished, a hint of amusement playing on the corners of his lips. 

'Well, you like to brag about how cool he is, and when you talk about him your face turns red and you stutter a lot,' I reason. 'I mean, unless you-' 

'I do not have a crush on Cat Noir!' Adrien shakes his head. 'God, I literally just told Alya that the other day!' 

'Oh, so I'm not the only one with this theory,' I say slowly. 'good to know.' I smirk. 'I'm only teasing Adrien. You aren't allowed to have a celebrity crush.' 

'Oh I'm not, am I?' Adrien smirks. 'What about you, going on and on about y/c/c the other day?' 

'That's different!'

...

'You would not believe what happened yesterday,' I say loudly, walking into Marinette's room. 

A surprising sight meets my eyes. 

But I'm not going to tell you what it was.

First I need some holy water.

I'll be right back.