I 95 I

Third person's POV

_

"I'm sorry, Emilie," Gabriel whispered, his voice hushed in the darkened room. He stared down at his wife, hands turning white on either side of the coffin. Almost roughly, he gripped the railing with his left hand, turning angrily towards the room he spent most of his days in. "Nothing I do seems to work." 

Gabriel strode towards the dark end of the room, glancing around at all the flying butterflies. "You loved butterflies." He muttered to himself, recalling memories from when Emilie was still with them. His thoughts drifted towards Adrien. "One day you'll return." 

Fists clenched, he pressed the button that opened the sky light. "I mustn't give up yet." 

_

"There hasn't been an akuma attack in a while," Adrien said in a bored tone, leaning back onto Y/N's legs. His blonde hair flopped over his eyes and he huffed, pushing it back with annoyance. "Maybe Hawkmoth's died of old age or something." 

Y/N rolled her eyes, turning a page in her book. "As if we'd be that lucky." She closed the book carefully, bookmarking her page and placing it on her bedside table. "I wouldn't jinx it if I were you." 

"Hmm," Adrien smirked. He stood up, staring at Y/N for just a second too long. "I'm kind of bored. Maybe Hawkmoth should akumatize something so that I have something to do." 

"You could do me," Y/N said this so casually that Adrien nearly missed it. For once, he was caught off guard.

His mouth dropped open and he stuttered a couple of incoherent words out. "Y/N—" 

"Relax, I was kidding," Y/N responded with a grin. She paused for a couple of seconds. 

"I wasn't kidding," Adrien groaned, sitting up and turning around to face her. "Now that you've put this idea in my head..." 

His phone pinged. "Fuck. A goddamn akuma. Fucking akuma always fucking ruining—" 

"One more swear word and Hawkmoth will pick up on your negative emotion," Y/N said, rolling her eyes. "Then you'll be 'Akuma Killer' or something." She tipped her head to the side. "Wait, wouldn't that defeat the purpose?" 

"Plagg, claws out!" Adrien said, winking before he transformed. When he was fully transformed into a superhero, he yawned. "I hope it's a good supervillain this time. It would be meowfully disappointing if it was a lame-o." 

"So you want Hawkmoth to win?" Y/N placed her hands on her hips. She walked towards Cat Noir, shaking her head. "I want to say good luck, but Ladybug brings enough luck for the both of you."

Cat Noir smirked. "I'm mildly offended that you don't think I also bring good luck. Black cats are amazing." He hesitated to dramatically stare at the wall. "Well, I've got to go, darling. It's meow or never." 

"One more cat pun and I'm throwing you out the window." 

"That would certainly be a cat-astrophe." 

"Shut up," Y/N pointed out the window. "Go save Paris before I kill you." 

"Just hear meowt!" 

"For the love of god!" Y/N opened the window. 

Cat Noir grinned, saluting. "I guess I'll just have to fur-get about it." Before she could say anything else, he tipped out the window, catching himself with the silver pole. 

Y/N sighed, watching him leap over several buildings. A familiar red and black figure was making her way towards him—towards the small dot of a villain on the horizon. He looked like he was wearing a dark green suit with some kind of silver weapon attached to his right hand. 

She turned around, heading down the stairs to join the rest of the Parisians who were gathered to watch the fight. 

"The villains name is Reversa," someone called out. "She's going to make Ladybug and Cat Noir enemies!" 

"But Cat Noir's so hot!" 

"He and Ladybug can't be enemies because of a villain!" 

"They're going to get hit!" 

From where she was standing, Y/N could see Ladybug rolling her eyes at some joke Cat Noir was making. "Yeah...I don't see that doing anything." She muttered. 

They were atop one of the giant buildings in Paris; Y/N recognized it as one of Gabriel Agreste's fashion departments. 

Suddenly, a bright streak of light came flying out of nowhere, nearly hitting her straight in the face. 

The crowd screamed as Reversa started advancing on them. Ladybug and Cat Noir were fighting furiously to push the villain back as she leaped over the side of the building. The group of people ran in opposite directions, no longer filing on their phones. 

Y/N backed up, eyes wide as Reversa landed right in front of her.