I 83 I

Hawkmoth holds out a his tablet for me to see. I lean in, examining the picture displayed. It's Adrien. He's tied to a chair and doesn't seem to be in great health. 

'You'd do this to your own son?' I whisper, my hand reaching out to touch the screen against my will. Hawkmoth snatches the tablet back, tucking it into his pocket. 

'It's for his own good,' He sighs, almost sadly, though the edge to his voice portrays malice, and cruelty. 'Adrien needs a mother. He needs Emilie. I need Emilie.' 

'So you've decided to hurt innocent people,' I say incredulously. 'How is that supposed to help Adrien?' 

'We are not going to talk here,' Hawkmoth narrows his eyes. 'Come now. Unless you'd rather I kept Adrien like this for longer?'

'No.' My fists clench. 'I'll..I'll talk I guess.' 

'I know you care for him,' A curious expression grows on Hawkmoth's face. 'How long have you been together.' 

'Like you care,' I scoff. 'Let's get this over with.' 

'Sir, Ladybug is going to get-' 

'Shut up,' Hawkmoth commands, pointing at Mayura. 'I don't want to hear it right now.' 

'But-' 

'Not now,' He snaps, waving his hand at her. 'Go away now.' 

Mayura dips her head submissively, walking out the door. 

Hawkmoth sighs loudly. 'Let's start this over.' He gestures into his office. 'Y/n, how lovely to finally meet you. Have a seat.' 

'Lovely?' I roll my eyes. 'Yeah sure. It's great to meet you too.' 

He sits down across from me in his chair. 'We have much to discuss.' 

I lean back, crossing my legs. 'I seriously doubt that, but okay. First of all, where's Adrien?' 

'Adrien is safe,' Hawkmoth lifts his head higher. 'He is my son and I would never do anything to hurt him.' 

'Oh yeah, except for the times you've put him in danger with your akumatized victims,' I shake my head. 'Of course you wouldn't count those times.' 

'I'm merely trying to bring his mother back,' Hawkmoth narrows his eyes. 'I certainly wouldn't have thought you'd try to get in the way of his happiness.' 

'He is happy!' I exclaim, jumping up. 'You don't even know him that well! You're trying to bring his Mother back, but have you ever stopped to consider the fact that he might already be happy? Or maybe the fact that he just wanted his Father to pay attention to him?' I finish my rant, flopping back down on the chair. 

Hawkmoth ponders my outburst, tapping his fingers on the chair. 'You may be partially right. All the same, I need Emilie back. I cannot properly raise Adrien without her.' 

'Oh my god you're so....dumb!' I shout. 

'Is it really wise to call me dumb, Y/n?' He glares at me. 'You are in my home. You are at my mercy right now.' 

'Tell me where Adrien is,' I demand. 'Tell me. I need to see him.' 

'Fine,' He says, aggravated. 'Fine.' 

Hawkmoth stands quickly, walking to the other side of the room. 

'Stand there,' He commands, pointing to a small round circle. 

I glance at it skeptically, before standing on it. He presses a button, and I feel myself going through the floor. 

'What the hell?'