I 24 I

'Y/n!' I wake up to Mom shaking me. 'C'mon honey you have to wake up now!' 

'Why...' I whine, slowly rolling over. 'It's summer vacation.' I complain. 

'Mari's already ready to go, hon,' Mom pulls the covers off me, letting them fall to the floor. I groan, sitting up. 

'Why?'

'Today's the day you're taking the plane to New York with some of your friends, remember? It's supposed to be a short vacation? No parents allowed?' 

I sit straight up. 'Oh yeah.' 

Mom smiles down at me, kissing me on the cheek before leaving the room. 

'I'll tell Marinette you'll be right there.' 

I throw on my clothes, drag my suitcase out of the cupboard, and lug it down the stairs, where Marinette is waiting for me. 

'Okay, Alya's on her way to the airport, Nino's already there, Luka and Juleka are also on their way and Adrien's chauffeur just arrived,' Marinette checks off an invisible mark on her hand. 

'Wait.' I stop short, my suitcase falling to the ground beside me. 'Adrien's coming too?' 

'Yeah,' Marinette looks up at me, her eyebrows creasing. 'Is there a problem with that?' 

'Well-no.' I glance sideways, tapping my foot on the ground. 

'You don't like Adrien do you?' She lowers her voice. 'Is that cheating on Cat Noir?' 

'No,no,no-' I say quickly. 'It's just that I had no idea his Dad would let him out. Just surprised i guess.' 

'Oh,' Marinette shrugs, seemingly accepting my answer. 

We climb into the car, the drive passing quickly as Marinette drones on and on about the things we'll see and do in New York. I can't help but wonder-visiting one of the most romantic cities with my boyfriend that no one can no is my boyfriend. 

Let's just hope it doesn't turn into a disaster.

'Alya, Nino!' Mari exclaims, jumping out of the car and running over to the familiar figures. They're standing just outside the airport doors, Nino hurriedly texting away on his phone. Mom waves goodbye and I carry my suitcase out of the car and to where the group is waiting. 

'See you in a week,' I say, smiling. She smiles back, driving back down the road. 

'Oh, my god I'm so excited,' Alya gushes, tapping on her phone. 'I'm already posting about it on my blog.' 

'On the Ladyblog?' I smirk.

'No, I just started a new one for my own adventures ,' Alya replies, shoving her phone in her pocket and turning to Nino. 'Babe, did you remember to book that reservation for tonight?' 

'What reservation?' I raise my eyebrows. 

'Well....' Mari hesitates. 'We weren't going to tell you because....'

'Because it's a couples reservation at a restaurant,' Nino blurts. Alya and Mari face palm, shaking their heads at him. 

'Oh-' My eyes widen. 'It's fine, I won't feel left out.' 

'That's the thing,' Marinette bites her lip. 'I also booked you and Adrien in too. I mean I know you're not dating so I just thought it would be something fun to do. As friends.

'Right, so Luka and you, Alya and Nino, Juleka and Rose, and me and Adrien. As friends.' I laugh, which comes out slightly high pitched. 'That's normal.' 

'Since when have we ever been normal?' Alya chuckles. 

'True.'