I 37 I

'Tikki, spots off.' I say, jumping back into my bedroom window. 

'Wow, that was amazing Y/n!' Mari gushes, pulling out her phone and waving it around. 'I just saw Nadja's story online!' 

'Thanks,' I smile, sitting down next to her. 'But I don't think I can pull it off again.' 

'You did awesome, Y/n,' Tikki agrees, looking thoroughly exhausted. I catch her in my hands, pulling out a macaroon from Marinette's purse and handing it to her. Tikki licks her lips before taking small chunks out of it. 

'It was all thanks to the lucky charm, really,' I say. 'And I couldn't have done it without Adrien's help either.' 

'Adrien helped you?' Mari frowns. 

'Yeah-I used him as bait to lure Chameleon,' I say. 'Didn't you see that on the news though?' 

'I didn't get all the details,' Marinette admits. 'I hope he wasn't hurt.' 

'He was more than happy to help.' I say, sharing a secretive smile with Tikki. 

...

A week later, Marinette is fully recovered and the doctor gives her the 'okay' to see all her friends again. The next morning, we head over to the Luka and Juleka's to have a brief hang-out session before working in the bakery again for the next like-five hours. 

'Ugh, I can't believe we have to go back to school tomorrow,' Alya groans, thumping back in her seat on the Couffaine's boat. 

'Already?' Juleka mumbles. 

'It feels like we just started summer,' Rose complains, kissing Juleka on the cheek. 

Adrien sits across from me, awkwardly crossing and uncrossing his legs. 

'I know, it really sucks,' Marinette agrees, leaning against Luka's legs and taking a sip of tea. 

'I hope we get Ms. Bustier again,' I say. 'I heard that her daughter just turned two, so she'll be able to come back to teach part time.' 

'Yes, I hope so,' Alya agrees, tapping Nino on the shoulder. 'And I sure hope Lie-la doesn't come back.' 

'Yeah, dude, that girl is trouble.' Nino agrees. 

'She was just akumatized, did you hear?' Adrien says. 

'I heard about that,' I nod with a small smile. 'Cat Noir and Ladybug saved the day.' 

'Excuse me but it's Ladybug and Cat Noir,' Marinette corrects. 

'No, it's definitely Cat Noir and Ladybug,' Adrien argues. 'See, cause Cat Noir is older, and his name comes first in the alphabet.' 

'Wow, that's oddly specific,' Nino says with a grin. 'You sound like you know a lot about him.' 

'Pffft, I don't,' Adrien rolls his eyes. 

'You sure about that?' 

'Back onto the topic of school,' Alya says, blinking. 'I also heard Kagami's coming to our school this year.' 

'What?' My mouth drops open. 'but I thought she was homeschooled.' 

We all glance at Adrien. 

'Well she was,' Adrien starts. 'But her Mom is going back to Japan this year, so there's no one to teach her. It took Kagami like five months to convince her to let her go to public school.' 

'I don't want her to come to our school,' Alya says. 'No offense to those who are friends with her.' 

'She's no worse than Lie-la,' I point out.

'On the bright side, Mom finally agreed to let me give you a ride tomorrow,' Luka smiles. 

'Oh that's right-you just got your N.' I nod. 'Well, I guess I'll have to take the bus then.' 

'You could ride with me,' Adrien suggests. 'Nathalie has to swing by the bakery tomorrow to pick up a macaroon order before school, so I'll be there anyways. 

I blink, giving him an 'are you sure that's such a good idea' look. 'Sure.' I say hesitantly. 'As long as your father doesn't mind.' 

'What he doesn't know won't kill him,' Adrien says with a laugh. 

'Anyways, I'm so excited for your fashion show,' Rose squeals. 'I already bought tickets; Juleka and I are getting front row seats!' 

'I forgot about that,' Adrien says, looking slightly unhappy. Then his face brightens. 'I'm going to be wearing some of Mari's designs.' 

'That's so exciting!' I say, smiling. 'I'll be there too, with Mari.' 

'I already reserved you a seat too, don't worry,' Marinette says to Luka, kissing him on the cheek. 

'Can't wait,' Luka replies with a grin.