I 81 I

Nathalie, or Mayura takes a step closer to me, narrowing her eyes. 

'You are Ryuko, aren't you?' Her voice gets deeper, and becomes slightly more unsettling. 'If you aren't then...' 

I swallow hard, backing up against the bed. My mind swirls around various thoughts. Should I tell her? I mean, she basically already knows. 

'Yes, I am,' I nod. 'And you're Mayura. Gabriel Agreste is Hawkmoth.' 

She grabs my wrist, tugging me closer to the doorframe. 'Mr. Agreste requests your presence.' 

I shift my eyes back to the bed, where Mari is still hiding. 

'Yeah, um I kinda have to get home,' I say hesitantly; there's no way this is going to work, but I might as well try. 'Plus, could you tell me where Adrien went...cause I'm a bit worried at this point.' 

'Adrien is busy with his father, but you must see Mr. Agreste after they're finished.' Mayura concludes, her eyes growing dark. 'You can choose to come with me, or you can fight and lose.' 

'Longg, bring the storm,' The familiar transformation leaves me a bit more confident. I hover slightly in the air, directly in front of her and wield my sword. 'I don't think I want to come with you.' 

'Fine,' Nathalie rolls her eyes. 'Teenagers are so difficult.' 

A red light comes from underneath the bed, and I can tell that Marinette's just turned into Ladybug. When Mayura's back is turned, she hops out, making it look like she just came in the window. 

'Mayura,' Her voice comes from behind me. 'I'd like to say that it's nice to see you, but it really isn't and I don't lie.' Mari's eyes cloud. 'Unlike some people.' I know she's thinking about Lie-la, but this really isn't the time. 

'You're outnumbered,' I point out, pointing my sword at her chest. She chuckles, narrowing her eyes. 

'You think I have nothing to use against you?' 

'Yeah, um that's what she just said,' Ladybug mentions.  

'Young people are so insolent,' Mayura grumbles. She glares at us. 'Ryuko, you are currently dating Adrien or Cat Noir, should I say. Is that true?' 

I throw a glance at Ladybug who shrugs. 

'Uh, yeah,' I say slowly. 'What does that have anything to do with this?' 

A small smile creeps onto her lips. 'What if I told you that Adrien is with his father right now, discussing plans to take your miraculous'?' 

'He's not,' I cross my arms. 'You're totally making that up.' 

'Am I?' The smile grows wider. 'Adrien's greatest wish is to have his mother back. At any cost.' 

'Adrien told us the other day that he would never go along with Hawkmoth's plans, even if it meant his mother couldn't come back to life,' Ladybug explains. 

Mayura shakes her head slowly. 'That's what he told you.' Her gaze meets mine, and tingles run down my spine. 'He's been using you, to get information on your Miraculous'. All he wants is to have a proper family again.' 

'Oh so like, without you in it?' Ladybug snorts. 'It's total bullshit, Ryuko.' 

My breathing increases slowly. 'Wh-what do you mean, using me?' 

Mayura smiles again, but this time it's more of a leer. 'He doesn't love you. He never will. He doesn't even care about you.'