I 98 I

Y/n's POV 

It was a thursday morning when the new boy walked in. No one was really paying attention, as usual. 

Alya was writing a script for her Ladyblog. 

Marinette was staring out the window, daydreaming as usual. 

Chloe was calling her paper utterly ridiculous. 

Sabrina was offering her tea on five minute intervals. 

Adrien was doodling a cat on his math sheet. 

The door creaked open, causing only a couple of heads to glance up. 

"Class, I'd like to introduce you to Damon," Ms. Bustier announced, gesturing to the boy. He raised a hand. 

"Hey." 

Everyone's heads popped up. 

Damon looked nice enough—dark brown hair and an easy going smile. In fact I'd go as far as saying he was borderline attractive. 

I caught Marinette's eye and she gave me a wider-eyed look, grinning slightly. I rolled my eyes. Damon's gaze landed on mine and he shot me a quick smile.

Adrien, who is usually blind, didn't miss the glance and he frowned deeply. 

"Damon, why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?" Ms. Bustier suggested. The boy shoved his hands in his pockets, nodding at all of us.

"Hi. My name is Damon Richard...I'm from Canada," he flashed a peace sign awkwardly. "I just moved to Paris with my Dad."

"Let's hope you have good control over your negative emotions," Kim said jokingly, tapping his fingers along his desk. 

Damon looked slightly confused, and then his face brightened with understanding. "Oh, because of Eaglebutterfly, or whatever his name is. I heard about that, but I'm not worried." He smirked. "I don't have negative emotions."

"Eaglebutterfly?" I mouthed to Adrien, shaking my head. 

Ms. Bustier cleared her throat, clapping her hands together. "Alright, well, it's nice to meet you Damon. Welcome to Paris." she tucked a strand of hair behind her ears, clearing her throat again. "You can have a seat next to Adrien."

Adrien raised his hand in a half-hearted wave. 

Damn sauntered over towards him, slumping into the chair. 

"Time to start our new unit!" Ms. Bustier said excitedly, inciting groans. 

_

"I'm inviting everyone over for a party tonight," Alya said, tapping away at her phone. "It's the Ladyblog's 10 month anniversary." She grinned. "I'm going to try and get Ladybug to show up." 

"What about Cat Noir?" Adrien asked, slightly offhandedly. 

Alya waved her hand. "Well, maybe." 

Adrien looked hurt. 

"I can ask Cat Noir if you want," I said to Alya. 

"Great," she responded. "Thanks, Y/n." 

Marinette was running over towards us, her ponytails flying behind her. "Guys, you'll never believe what just happened." She screeched to a stop in front of me, turning to face the group. "I just heard Chloe talking about asking Damon out." 

"Already?" I rolled my eyes, sighing. "He's been here for what—an hour? And she's already sinking her claws in?" 

Adrien smirked. "If we're talking about claws—" 

I ignored him. "Alya, maybe you should invite him to the party." 

Alya looked up with surprise. "Actually, yeah. I think I will. It'll be good to have someone new in the group." She laughed. "Break up the usual routine." 

"Are you calling us boring?" Marinette raised an eyebrow. "Because I'll have you know I'm the least boring person here." 

"Actually I think that would be Y/n," Nino said. "Dating a superhero must be pretty interesting." 

I shrugged. "Yeah." 

Marinette sighed. "Cat Noir's not that great." 

Adrien took a sip of his water offendedly. 

Nino opened his mouth again. "Actually, he's kinda hot." 

Adrien spat out his water. 

"You okay dude?" Nino asked, concerned. 

"DID YOU JUST CALL CAT NOIR HOT?" Alya asked, her mouth wide open. 

Nino didn't back down on his statement. "I mean, he's got abs..."