I 28 I

'-and then she said-no one will ever love me! I'll end up all alone with my hamster, and it's name will be LONLINESS!' 

People all around the restaurant cast me dirty looks as I finish my last sentence. 

'Y/n, for the twentieth time! Stop bringing that up!' Marinette groans, hiding her face in her hands. 'Or I'll tell everyone about the time you snuck Cat Noir in your room.' 

I roll my eyes. 'You forgot it was your birthday because you were at Luka's house.' 

'Marinette, that's so unlike you,' Adrien gasps, winking in my direction when she isn't looking. 

'Let me get this straight, Mari was in love with Cat Noir?' Luka bends over his pasta. 'He doesn't seem like her type.'

'I was not.' Marinette rolls her eyes. 'It was all just a big misunderstanding.' 

'Anyways, Cat Noir is so cool, everyone is in love with him,' Adrien says, grinning. 

Marinette and I both laugh. 

'Sounds like you've got a crush on him too,' Marinette snorts. 

I take a small bite of pizza. 'Yep, that's definitely the person he likes.' 

'Oh right, you never did tell us.' Mari says. 

'Well, I-' 

'Come on dudes, lets go!' Nino interrupts, standing next to our table. 'It's pool time!' 

'Pool time?' My mouth drops open. 'W-I didn't bring a bathing suit.' 

'We have an hour before the hot tub opens anyways, so let's just go shopping,' Alya suggests, holding her phone. 'It'll be perfect for my blog.' 

Marinette shrugs. 'I need a suit too.' 

'There's a shop just across the street,' Alya says, pointing out the window. 'I saw it on our way here.' 

'Do you guys want to come?' I ask Adrien and Nino. 

'Shopping? No way dudes,' Nino shakes his head. 

'I'll come,' Adrien says. 'I'd like to see more of the city.' 

'I'll go with you guys,' Luka agrees. 

'I'm going to go hang with Juleka and Rose,' Nino says, laughing. 'See you at the pool. Alya sent the directions to my phone, so we'll meet you there.' 

....

'What do you think of this one?' I hold up a purple one piece. 

Marinette surveys it with a critical look. 'Come on Y/n, for once will you wear a bikini?' 

'I agree with Mari,' Alya says. 

'Okay, fine,' I shake my head. 'You pick one for me then.' 

Marinette holds up the smallest bikini I've literally ever seen in my life. 'How about this one?' 

'Uh-don't you think it's a bit small?' I frown. 

'Try it on,' she shoves it at me, pushing me into the change room. 

(I don't have a picture of the bathing suit-or if you don't want it to be a bikini just imagine it as whatever you want)

'Ugh, guys,' I whip the curtain open, frowning at my reflection in the mirror across the shop. 

Marinette and Alya smirk at me, sitting down on their bench next to the change room. 

'It looks great,' Marinette says. 'Just go with it.' 

Adrien blinks at me, doing a double take at my appearance. 

'Wow-you look pretty.' He says. 'Good. Pretty good.' 

Marinette eyes him suspiciously but doesn't comment. 

'Thanks.'