twelve

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

"Look on your right!" Asher yelled and I quickly ducked as the burned one simulation tried to slash my arm.

Asher and I joined our backs cautiously pondering our next move. It was the afternoon now and we have been in the simulator all morning. Some were in weapon training some were doing one on one combat while we have been in the simulator the whole day. Musa told me at lunch that all the pairs that were doing the same as us were also failing try after try, but Dowling and Silva actually told her that Asher and I had potential as a duo.

"Daggers." I told  Asher as I ducked so that he could use his power to turn air into daggers.

The invisible weapon flew into the things chest and injured it enough that I had time to grab my sword and pierce his chest with it while he was distracted with the pain.

"We did it!" I cheered, smiling at Asher.

"Hell yeah!" He beamed and came to celebrate with me. "Angie, look out." He warned me but it was too late.

The burned one that we thought we killed got up and slashed my leg which would mean I was dead in a real life situation. This simulations were so real that the creature attacks actually burned your skin despite not leaving a mark. Technology was truly fascinating.

"It's the third time this happens. We should have learned." I sigh, flipping down onto the grass.

I was exhausted. My legs trembled with the fatigue and my hair was stuck to my forehead because of the thick sweat that covered it and dripped down my face. The sun was shining and burning exhaustively today, making the training even more tiring.
It was around our fifteenth try and the outcome was the same as the last fourteen. Defeat. It was demotivating to say the least.

Asher fell onto the floor next to me panting just like me, both of us trying to slow down our hearts and catch a break after the incessant outs of battle. I guess this could be worst, at least Asher was cool and would sporadically let out a joke that eased the disappointment of another failed simulation. We heard the footsteps getting closer to us and immediately shot up just to be met with Professor Harvey.

"Tired?" He asked us cocking his eyebrow with an amused grin.

"Never." I replied leaning on Asher's shoulder to support my weight.

"You two have come really close to beating the simulation a handful of times and what have I told you?" He lectured us.

"Every failure brings you one step closer to success." Asher mimicked what the professor told us a couple of tried before this one.