nineteen

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

"I thought you said you were weak, that you couldn't do magic." I look at Rosalind as she flicks her wrists making us invisible to everyone else. "But you can make us invisible?"

We stood around the Stone circle. I could tell that Bloom was uneasy and distrustful, there was something wrong with Rosalind and I could feel it too. She wasn't telling us the whole story and that is the only reason why we freed her.

"In the Stone Circle, I can draw on the magic of the land. That's why I had you bring me here. Recharge the old batteries." She explained.

I could feel the magic on feet. It was as if when I siphoned all that magic out of the spell that kept Rosalind locked up, I became hyperaware of all the magic that surrounded us. I touched the door handle and the magic came crawling out of it and into my fingers. Right now, I'm standing here and I feel the magic calling my name from beneath me. It's like after I got my first taste of siphoning large and powerful quantities of magic, I could never be satiated.

"What happened at Aster Dell?" Bloom interrupted her little ritual abruptly, trying to cut straight to the chase.

"Everything Farah told you is true." Rosalind admits.

I look at Bloom and she was already looking at me. We couldn't trust anyone. Every adult in this god forsaken school has been lying to our faces. We had each other and that was it.

"I lied to them." Rosalind continues after a few brief seconds of awkward silence. "I told them Aster Dell was evacuated. It wasn't."

"You killed those innocent people? You killed my parents?" I interject becoming more and more angry. How could she give us this false sense of trust just to tell us that she killed them?

"That's where it gets complicated." She sighs and walks a little closer to us. "One of the fundamental tenets
of the Otherworld is that only fairies can do magic." She starts. "Siphoners are still fairies. They have fairy blood." She quickly looks at me. "The settlers of Aster Dell were the exception. They were humans who drew on sacrifice and death." She explained.

"Blood Witches." I finish.

I heard stories, mostly rumors. No one in the town said for sure that these people existed, but they theorized. Some of the journals told stories about hundreds of animals appearing dead on day and the a little girl died mysteriously. They were discovering the mystery.

"Wait..." Bloom looks between the both of us confused.

"So when the Burned Ones descended on them, I saw my opportunity to destroy them both." Rosalind spoke, lookin at the both of us.

"Wait. If the settlers of Aster Dell were witches and my birth parents were fairies, then..." Bloom pondered, trying to figure out what actually happened with her parents.