seventeen

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

Bloom and I stood perplexed facing the blinding light. We looked closer and noticed a figure standing amidst the brightness and smiling at us. Rosalind.

"I can only imagine how many questions you have for me." She spoke. Her voice was tender but assertive at the same time. It felt familiar, like I heard it before somewhere.

"Yeah, just a few." Bloom replied ironically.

"I've only got one for you both." She stated.

Bloom and I leaned closer into the light, expectation filling the room as the curiosity grew. We needed answers and the anticipation was literally eating us up.

"Do you have any idea how special you are?" She finally questioned "Angeline, you wanna learn a new trick?" She turned her body slightly to face me.

I nod my head quickly, ready to embrace my power to it's full potential.

"Right now?" I place my hand on the light and quickly feel the shock that comes with touching magic.

I retreat my hand quickly and Rosalind smiles as if telling me to touch the light without being afraid.

"You need to know where you came from, and I need to get out of here." She tries to persuade me when she notices my hesitation to touch the light again. "Now, access that magic inside you. Your instincts are telling you that light will burn you. Your instincts are wrong. Grab onto it." She explains.

I hesitate before placing both my hands on the bright light. At first, it was actually as if my mind was telling me that the light was burning me, but in seconds my magic crave grew so much that the fear of being burned was almost gone.

"You've got this." She encouraged me.

I pressed my palm harder against the flow of magic. I started sensing the ticklish feeling of the magic teasing my fingertips. Slowly, but surely, the magic started running through my veins and that addictive feeling that I had become familiar with was gaining control over me.
The power started involving my body and the overwhelming sensation of all the magic that kept Rosalind paralyzed started to become too much. A small gasp of pleasure left my lips and I pressed my eyes shut harder, trying to contain the emotions that overflowed my body.

Suddenly, the magic stopped. A numbness overcame myself as the power stopped entering my body. I felt all the power dancing around in my veins, streaming alongside my blood. Bloom's magic had nothing on it, or at least, I never siphoned such quantity of magic out of her.

I finally opened my eyes and looked up facing Rosalind for the first time. She was shorter than I imagined and had a frail body that felt like it could fall apart at any point.

She stumbled slightly after her body was freed from the spell that kept her captive for years. Bloom quickly offered her support as Roslind's limbs were probably still adjusting to the new found freedom.

I still stood in front of them panting and trying to regain my composure after the overflow of magic.

"We need to go to the Stone circle." Rosalind spoke up, her voice echoing in the thick walls of the tunnel.

"You need food, water, rest." Bloom contradicted.

"No. I need magic." Rosalind insisted.

We exited the room and immediately, I noticed that our friends were gone. I hope they are not in trouble.

"Do you think something happened to them?" I question Bloom.

The girl simply shrugs her shoulders.
We walk deeper into the dark and scary tunnel, in the opposite direction of Dowling's office. I follow closely behind while Rosalind and Bloom walk in front of me side by side. Rosalind's body had readjusted to the movement and she was now walking perfectly on her own.

"Where are we going?" I finally gain the courage to ask after we walked for a few seconds.

"Through the secret graveyard passage. It is..." Rosalind replies but I quickly interject.

"Creepy!"

"Wait till you hear about the one Dinner Lady Doris has to lumber over every day." Rosalind chuckles as we come face to face with a dark metal door.

"In the canteen?" Bloom asks looking at Rosalind.

I use all of my strength to turn the heavy handle of the door and we finally get out of the creepy hallway that was so dark that it seemed as though it didn't have an end.

"Dowling doesn't know about any of these passages?" I inquire after I finally stepped outside, breathing in the cold night air.

"There's a lot of things Farah doesn't know about." Rosalind replies cryptically.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

AN it's a smaller chapter, but I hope you still enjoyed it. I will try to have the next chapter out as soon as possible but I have a college test next week so it might be harder to write.

Either way, I published my first ever apply fic and I decided to promote it. So if you're into apply fic, go give it a try and maybe apply.

Summary: in which the teacher supervising detention gets brutally murdered and the nine students are the prime suspects.