fourteen

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

My mind was a knotted mess of thoughts and I couldn't even pin point what I was feeling. The secret was out. I mean.. kind of. Riven probably thinks I'm a fire fairy or something and that I've been hiding my powers. If only it were that simple.
I wipe the tears that ran freely down my face before opening the door and closing it after me with a loud bang. I didn't know what to do or what to think.

"Shit." I hear a voice mutter, coming from my room.

I walk through the deserted living room and enter my room abruptly, trying to catch whoever was breaking into my room.
When I enter, I only see Musa standing awkwardly in the middle of it.

"Stella, just come out. It's Angel." She speaks to the air.

"Stella?" I look at her like she was crazy. Honestly, maybe she is. "New magic. Not bad." I mumble looking perplexed at the way Stella just materialized herself in the room.

"Thanks. I've had some practice." She looks at me with the usual snobby facade she always displayed.

"How long have you been hiding here?" I question.

"A few days." She shrugged.

"Wanna tell us the story?" I ask, taking a seat in my bed.

"That's actually what I was about to tell Musa here." She gives a tight lip smile. "Everything was fine at first,
but..." she starts but interrupts herself. "You have no idea what it's like. What she's like." She sighs, looking at her hands nervously. It was so bizarre seeing Stella not looking sure of herself. She always carries herself with such confidence that you would think she is unbeatable.

"Who?" Musa asks intrigued.

"My mother." Stella replies, looking up from her hands and to us for a few seconds. " I ran away a couple of days ago. Mum probably has the whole army out looking for me."

"She not gonna look for you here?" I frown.

"No. Not at first." She shook her head contemplative.  "To do that, she'd have to admit that she lost control of something. And that'll never happen."

We stayed in silence for a few seconds. Neither me or Musa wanted to pressure Stella into telling the resto of the story, but, at the same time, we were both stunned that Stella's life wasn't the perfect glittery fairytale that she tries to project. Maybe Stella had real life problems and her life wasn't actually all glitz and glam like she tricks everyone into thinking.

Focusing on Stella and her problems was good. It made me stop freaking about my mess of a life even if it was just for a few seconds. I was diving head first into someone else's problems so that I could avoid my own.