twenty one

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

I paced around in the yard soaking in the sun after the rollercoaster of a night I went through. People that walked past me gave me weird looks and whispered between each other. I felt like a freak in a circus with people analyzing my every move, waiting for me to snap or give them a reason to laugh.

My legs still felt weak and like they would fail me at any minute. My head was still pounding and it was as if I couldn't even concentrate on my own thoughts. After I awakened my powers yesterday, I felt like I could touch every particular of magic that danced around in the air. It was agonizing, being a aware of every microscopic breeze that surrounds you. Being hyperaware was a weird thing.

My phone bleeped and through the locked screen I saw that it was Bloom asking me to meet her and Dowling at the forest right after the barrier. It was a rather weird location but people seemed to be less scared of what lurked around behind the barrier. Everyone was crossing through it even though they witnessed first hand the terrible beings that lived on the other side.

"There you are." Riven's voice startles me.

I flinch at the sudden movement beside me and Riven's eyes that carried nothing but playfulness until now softened. I was jumpier ever since yesterday, something in me switched. My body felt foreign to myself. My surroundings seemed to become more distant, like I couldn't connect. I wanted this feeling to go away.

"I heard a rumor... you went full fairy last night." He smiles trying to ease up my mind.

I stop walking, standing right across from him. I shield my eyes from the sun and look up at his eyes. We were all really stressed out yesterday and I wasn't one to hold grudges so our mini disagreement was long forgotten.

"Was that a..." I start but stop myself to catch a breath. "Was that a good rumor or a bad rumor?" I ask hesitantly.

"It's a good rumor." He smiled.

Riven took a step forward and wrapped his arms around my body delicately. I breathed in the smell of his cologne before slowly placing my arms around his neck.

I needed this, I needed to feel the warm touch, the care, the love. I felt loved in Riven's arms and I never wanted to let go. I felt a little more like myself every second I spent next to him. I didn't want to change. I didn't want one traumatic experience, one lifetime of lies and one discovery of my true nature to change my identity. I didn't want to be that girl. I liked myself before and I wanted to keep being that girl.

"Are you wearing the same clothes you were wearing last night?" I noticed, speaking into his ear as we still held each other. "What happened?" I press him, making him let a sigh escape his lips. The warm breath sent chills down my spine but I tried to play it off.

"I'm fine. I promise." He separated our bodies slightly but still held my face in his hands.

My body craved his touch, it was like an addiction. His body heat just felt like home and I needed home right now. He leaned his head down towards my lips and my eyes fluttered shut at the close proximity. His face caressed my cheek sweetly while the other slid down my face and held the side of my neck, a throaty moan escaped cause by that simple gesture. Riven took that as his cue and, finally, he locked our lips.
His lips kissed mine slowly at first, almost as if he was testing the waters to see if I was actually comfortable with this. I was the one to stand on my tiptoes to deepen the kiss, parting my lips so that his tongue could slip into my mouth. His hand that was caressing the side of my neck, went up slightly and grabbed my chin firmly, he tilted my head to his liking and allowed his other hand to travel down my body and hold my waist in place.
After a few seconds, my lungs that were still weak from yesterday's exhaustion, couldn't take it anymore and I separated our faces so that I could catch a breath.

I layed my head in his chest and he combed his fingers through my hair. People walked by us even though we were in one of the most hidden corners of the garden but it felt like it was just him and I in the world.

"I have to say I'm quite disappointed to have missed the wings." He interrupted the comfortable silence, speaking into my hair. "Were they full-on Tinkerbell style?" He chuckled and I felt the vibrations in his chest.

"They were much cooler than that." I look up at him with a innocent smile.

"Cooler? I love Tinkerbell!" He replied.

I laughed at his childishness and he quickly pecked my lips. I was happy. I felt the happiest I've been in a long time in this boy's arms. Then Bloom's message crossed my head and I cursed myself, she is probably really pissed at me for taking so long to get there.

"I have to meet Bloom." I informed Riven. I get on my tiptoes and place and tender kiss on his lips. "I'm going to meet with you afterwards because I'm leaving to my hometown tomorrow." I add before waving and getting on my way.

I walk slowly to the meeting place, taking my time to prepare myself mentally for the conversation that was about to unravel. I kick the few lose stones that appear on my way to distract my feet from the magic that I felt was trying to reach me. I tried to ignore it, but it was hard when it was all around me. This trip was definitely going to be relaxing since both my village and Bloom's world didn't have magic in every single item. It was most definitely going to be refreshing.

I saw Bloom and Dowling talking from afar and approached them cautiously. Bloom waved and smiled at me while Dowling gave me a simple nod.

"When I became headmistress, I made a decision... to become a figurehead. To project strength. It's what students your age need." Dowling went straight to the headmistress-type of speech. "Admitting mistakes invites uncertainty. But not admitting them means people you care about have to ask you if you hug. I should've been
more honest with you both early on." Dowling admits.

"I mean... maybe, but... maybe I needed time. I can't keep ignoring my life back home and lying to my parents. They deserve to know what I am and what happened to their real daughter. The truth." Bloom explained and Dowling broke a little smile.

"And you couldn't explain to me something you didn't even know about. I should have come to you when I first learned that I was a siphoner, maybe you could have guided me. I wasn't sure who to trust, I'm still not sure, but I'll figure it out. It's all part of the way of life. And I'm going to start by facing my parents, the ones who raised me." I look down at my hands embarrassed by my long ramble.

"Go on, girls! I'm proud of you." Dowling caresses my shoulder tenderly before letting us go.

Me and Bloom walk out of the forest in silence, but as soon as we step foot in the school garden, she brings me in for a hug.

"This vacation is going to be the best. I am going to be here for you every step of the way." She says with a smile.

Alfea academy was the biggest surprise of my life. I came in here thinking I was a simple commoner that finally fulfilled her dream of becoming a specialist and now I finish my first semester with the news that I am an ancient powerful fairy. That my parents aren't my birth parents. That my birth parents were stripped away from me, murdered. It wasn't all bad, I got a few amazing friends along the way, the winx suite girls, Sky and even Dane, made me realize the true meaning of friendship. And Riven, he is the first boy that makes my tummy tumble with the mere sight of his face, he was a big surprise. From hating his guts to not wanting to be apart from him, I wouldn't change any detail of our story.

I wouldn't change any detail of my story if it meant I could end up here, the person I am today.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

THE END

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*