Chapter 27, Part 1

Ariella's P. O. V:

While Merlin is taking care of Mira this morning, I had gone out for a morning ride on Pegasus. I'd almost forgotten how fast he is. Nearly as fast as Aurelia, but not quite.

Pegasus gallops back into the castle courtyard and I halt him before the castle steps as a guard comes to take his reins

Pegasus gallops back into the castle courtyard and I halt him before the castle steps as a guard comes to take his reins. I dismount and smile at him gratefully.

"Your Highness, the king wishes to speak to you immediately," The guard tells me.

"Did he say why?" I ask.

"No, My Lady."

"Well, thank you. I'll go to him now." The guard bows his head and leads the white Friesian stallion to the stables while I go to the throne room, while tugging down my hood. Uther is sitting there, with Morgana and Arthur beside him.

I curtsy before he asks, "Ariella! How was your ride this morning?"

"A lot of fun, thank you, Your Majesty. I was told you wished to see me?"

He nods as he replies, smiling, "Yes. I'd just gotten word from your father. He says your brother, Eric is about to get married soon, and that he'd like you and your family to go. He's invited Arthur, Gaius, Naomi, Guinevere and Morgana, of course."

"He's getting married?!" I nearly squeal with excitement as I try to keep my composure. I clear my throat, though the smile remains, despite the unhappy look on Morgana's face. "That's wonderful!"

"It is, indeed. Apparently, when Eric met the Princess of the Sterling Kingdom, Princess Katherine Rivera, they hit it off really well, and Oberon has moved the wedding up closer."

"That's great! When do we leave?" I ask.

"Tomorrow, after breakfast," Uther responds, smiling at me.

"Thank you, Your Majesty! I'll go and tell Merlin, Gaius and Naomi!" I say before I curtsy once more and turn ti leave the room at a fast walk, eager to tell my husband the news.

"He's getting married?" Merlin asks once I was finished telling him. I grin as I nod my head. "I'm surprised you're happy about this, and that he is too."

"Well, when I told him through a letter a few days ago what Morgana did, he'd replied he was angry and told me his feelings for her have changed. She's also invited to the wedding, because my father asked. But, from what I hear, the meeting with Princess Katherine went really well."

"That's good to hear," Naomi says as the others grin.

"We leave tomorrow morning, after breakfast." Merlin, Naomi and Gaius nod their heads. After that, we sit down and eat breakfast.

The day seems to fly by as I think about seeing my brother again. Daddy, too. When I lie in bed with Merlin's arms around me, his hand stroking my right side, I murmur, "I'm worried."