Chapter 28, Part 2

Songs used:

What If I Shine from Barbie Rock 'n Royals

I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift

Ariella's P. O. V:

Merlin, Arthur and I reach Camelot by nightfall, and after putting the horses away, Merlin and Arthur carry the unconscious Gwaine to the Physician's Quarters. Mira was fast asleep in her crib the males gently place Gwaine on my side of the bed. Luna simply looks at us before she goes right back to sleep at the end of the bed.

I stand between Merlin and Gaius as his uncle unties the bandages and examines the wound. He instructs Merlin, "Merlin, fetch me some fresh water, towels, needle and silk thread."

"Oh, don't forget the honey," I tell my husband.

"Right. Honey," He mutters, nodding in understanding.

Gaius says to him in astonishment, "You're learning."

Seeing Arthur's puzzled frown, I explain, as Merlin goes to fetch the required items, "Helps fight the infection."

Arthur asks Gaius, concern in his voice, "Will he be alright?"

"Well, he's strong," Gaius murmurs, going back to the wound.

"He's that alright. The man saved my and Ari's life, Gaius," Arthur says, causing Gaius to look from me to the Prince. "He's to be given anything he needs." On his way out, Arthur comes to me and squeezes my shoulder comfortably. I smile back at him gently before the blue eyed male takes his leave.

As I help Gaius tend to the wound, I tell him what Arthur had meant when he said Gwaine had saved my life today.

When we finish treating the brunette, Merlin and I sleep in a bed in a corner, Mira's crib at the end of it. Merlin holds me tightly in his arms as he caresses my cheek and we talk softly about this afternoon. "I'm glad Gwaine was there and he'd saved you from that man when he did. I really do owe him," Merlin murmurs.

"I'm glad, too. At least now I know his name, and I can thank him again tomorrow, hopefully. He was amazing during his fight today." I sigh dreamily.

"So were you, Fireheart," Merlin says. "Especially the way you'd fought that third thug."

"Thanks," I utter, snuggling closer into my husband. He kisses the top of my head.

I look into his eyes as I say, "I'll look after him in the morning."

"Okay, Fireheart," Merlin murmurs, before we drift off to sleep, my head on Merlin's chest.

The next morning, I dress in my light blue sleeveless dress with my hair brushed out as I leave Mira in her crib and carry a tray of food and water up to my and Merlin's chambers. I open the door and stop short when I see Gwaine sitting up in bed, leaning on his elbows.

 I open the door and stop short when I see Gwaine sitting up in bed, leaning on his elbows