Chapter 46, Part 2

Songs used:

Far Longer Than Forever from The Swan Princess

Ariella's P. O. V:

As I put Mira to bed that night, she tells me, "Mother, I miss Aunty Gwen a lot, but I really like Mithian."

"I'm glad. She's a very good friend of mine," I say, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"I really wish we could've seen Lord Aggie dance, though," Mira says. "But you were a beautiful dancer!"

I chuckle softly as I say appreciatively, "Thank you, sweetheart."

"Can you sing something for me, mother?" Mira asks.

"Sure," I say, brushing back some hair.

"If I could break this spell, I'd run to him today
And somehow I know he's on his way to me
Derek, you and I were meant to be
Far longer than forever
I'll hold you in my heart
It's almost like you're here with me
Although we're far apart"

Here, I get up and go to the window before I open it, feeling the cool night breeze, and lean on the window sill as I gaze out at the sparkling stars.

"Far longer than forever
As constant as a star
I close my eyes and I am where you are
Sure as the dawn brings the sunrise
We've an unshakable bond
Destined to last for a lifetime
And beyond
Far longer than forever
I swear that I'll be true
I've made
An everlasting vow
To find a way to you
Far longer than forever
Like no love ever known
And with your love
I'll never be alone
Far longer than forever
Much stronger than forever
And with your love I'll never be alone"

I gaze up at the stars, silently wondering where Gwen could be right now, before I close the window and turn back to my daughter. She is now fast asleep. I smile and go over to her before kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight, sweetheart," I murmur before leaving her chambers.

As I get ready for bed with Naomi's help, she says, "Dinner certainly went well."

After getting my dress undone with her assistance, I take it off from behind the changing screen as I say, "So it did. Even the part where Arthur made a fool of himself by spilling his soup."

"That was kind of funny," Naomi says. She hangs up my pink night gown and I I slip it on after changing my under garments. "I hope things go well for Arthur. I mean, after everything he went through with Gwen."

I give Naomi a flat look before I sit at my desk and she helps me with my hair. "As much as I love Mithian, I still believe Arthur was destined to marry Gwen. Especially since I wasn't."

"You're not disappointed are you?" Naomi asks as she finishes brushing out my hair.

"Of course I'm not! I just think Arthur us making a mistake in marrying Mithian. That's all."

"Done," Naomi tells me once she finishes and sets down my brush. "Will there be anything else?"

I say as I get up and go to the bed. The door opens and Merlin enters, pausing at the sight of us. "No, thank you, Naomi. You can go now." She notices Merlin and smiles at him as I strike Luna before the redhead leaves.

Once she was gone, Merlin joins me in bed and tells me, his hand stroking my side, "Arthur's invited Mithian on a breakfast picnic tomorrow."

"That's terrible," I say in slight sarcasm. "I guess it's all up to you now, dear. You're our only hope of stopping the wedding." When Merlin frowns at me in puzzlement, I add, "Well, since it's date, I can't exactly go with you. But, you can tell me all about it when you get back."